It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits say they have proof troops were in Iraq waters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This hopefully will bring this to an end. This article says they will show proof that those 15 soldiers were in Iraq territory when they were detained. What will Iran do?
www.ft.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here in Britain we've had much experience of the government and their evidence. Evidence that took us to war to name an example.
Somethings not right about this due to the fact that the sailors were allowed to be captured in the first place .
Iran must be quite jumpy bearing in mind a) what's happened in Iraq, b) the opinion they know the west has regarding them, c) the history of foriegn interferrence in Iran in the past 2 centuries.
Thus foriegn sailors whether within or skirting their borders wil be seen as suspicious.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am sure they were in an area that would be hard to say exaclty what side they were on, but are'nt they considered international waters
also? I really think Iran kidnapped them on purpose to see how far they can push to major powers of the world. If they get away with this what will they do if they get nuclear weapons?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is an article that says the Brits kidnapping was planned.
It will be interesting to see how much attention this gets. Maybe this will be enough to get them back and put an end to this.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Brits hoped that the Iranians would have created a serious 'crisis' thereby giving the west a justification to intervention. However, the Iranians foiled the plan.

As for the idea of pushing the world powers to see how far such powers will go: I believe Iran are fully aware of the lengths these powers will go!

It's more a case of the world powers pushing Iran to see how far they will go

top topics

join