It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tillman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Excuse the intro, but been from the UK it was the mid eighties when I came across Gridiron and started to follow the Cowboys, and still do, so I still keep up with the gridiron news.

When Pat Tillman decided to serve his country I was gobsmacked but at the same time impressed on a 10 outta 10 scale, this guy did not have to go but he wore his country within his heart.

Sad to read this this 18 mins ago.

news.yahoo.com...

I don't have any other links or sources to support or contradict this report, just posting this because if it is true then it is really sad.

Pat Tillman...................God Bless

Wolfie_UK

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
He's just another casualty of war.

I hate to sound callous, and I respect the work this man did, but soldiers die in battle. The only reason any attention is being paid to this story is because he played for the NFL. Let's face it, people that play sports are the true American heroes, they could care less about their soldiers.

Friendly fire is a fact of war, and death is a fact of war.
If you don't like it, stop fighting wars.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes soldiers die in battle and you are quite right, and as for blue on blue I can understand that happening from a viewpoint when there are several coalition forces involved.

BUT this blue on blue was from Tillman's own countrymen, just makes you wanna ask why it happened and wtf why it can happen within your own forces.

At the end of the day I find it a sad reflection on our countries and how great we think we are when this kinda of thing happens and seems to be tried to be brushed under the carpet.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This was much more than your average FFF, imo. Please visit the thread below for details and in-depth speculation on the incident.

Patrick Tillman

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That being said, and the fact that there is an already active thread that is going on this subject, please continue discussion in this thread.

Closing...

top topics

join