It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brzezinski's OpEd in Today's WaPo: GWOT is Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Terrorized by 'War on Terror'
How a Three-Word Mantra Has Undermined America

By Zbigniew Brzezinski
Sunday, March 25, 2007

The "war on terror" has created a culture of fear in America. The Bush administration's elevation of these three words into a national mantra since the horrific events of 9/11 has had a pernicious impact on American democracy, on America's psyche and on U.S. standing in the world. Using this phrase has actually undermined our ability to effectively confront the real challenges we face from fanatics who may use terrorism against us.

The damage these three words have done -- a classic self-inflicted wound -- is infinitely greater than any wild dreams entertained by the fanatical perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks when they were plotting against us in distant Afghan caves. The phrase itself is meaningless. It defines neither a geographic context nor our presumed enemies. Terrorism is not an enemy but a technique of warfare -- political intimidation through the killing of unarmed non-combatants.

But the little secret here may be that the vagueness of the phrase was deliberately (or instinctively) calculated by its sponsors. Constant reference to a "war on terror" did accomplish one major objective: It stimulated the emergence of a culture of fear. Fear obscures reason, intensifies emotions and makes it easier for demagogic politicians to mobilize the public on behalf of the policies they want to pursue. The war of choice in Iraq could never have gained the congressional support it got without the psychological linkage between the shock of 9/11 and the postulated existence of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction. Support for President Bush in the 2004 elections was also mobilized in part by the notion that "a nation at war" does not change its commander in chief in midstream. The sense of a pervasive but otherwise imprecise danger was thus channeled in a politically expedient direction by the mobilizing appeal of being "at war."

After outspoken testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations committee early in March, ZB continues his assault on the Bush Administration's GWOT, clearly laying markers against continued erosion of American freedoms by use of the fake GWOT, and warning against confrontation with Iran as a pretext for a wider conflagration in the Middle East.

ZB, with Kissinger, is the ultimate CFR insider and head of the Trilateral Commission; so the higher powers here have clearly spoken, finally going public to halt the madness. It seems the NeoCon wet dream of invading/attacking Iran has finally been called out of order. The GWOT, too, is unmasked for what it is. This is a remarkable power struggle that has finally spilled out into the public eye.

The Strangelovians are being brought to heel, victims of their own overreaching. The military is in near mutiny and domestic politics is in disarray, with AG AG in the cross-hairs.

The Bush/NeoCon agenda is stalled, though clearly enormous infighting has been going on behind the scenes.

Finally, apparently, the grown-ups are back in charge, for now. This may well be the effective end of the Bush cabal; everything from here on in will be a rearguard action, trying to slink out of office without the Hague staring them in the face.

PS. Also note the terms with which ZB describes Al Quaeda, he's literally rolling his eyes and mocking the whole construct, and undermining the official version of 9/11.

[edit on 26-3-2007 by gottago]

[edit on 26-3-2007 by gottago]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have to agree with you and Dr Z. We are not fit for Foreign Diplomacy especially since our administration doesn't believe in it. But we aren't ready for change yet. And there is the challenge, waiting til we are and what to change and where?

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I tried covering this same article but got no bites

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

brill

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

brill

Sometimes you have to improvise with the title,Brill

"Brzezinski says War on Terror is mad gay"

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Originally posted by brill

brill

Sometimes you have to improvise with the title,Brill

"Brzezinski says War on Terror is mad gay"

So true
I like your revised title, something I'll have to consider next time.

brill

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
the old club, including ZB, Dr.K, et al
are engaged in regaining the reins of power,

the post-nixon neo-nazi echo came back as neocons
& 'they' are building the House-of-Order from the "top down"
by imposing the GWOT, DHS, & all the supporting networks on the world

rather than from the "bottom up"
which is the process the old club wants and is disposed to...

the 4 centers of power;
political, monetary, intellectual, ecclesiastical

the 4 dimensions of shaping world;
political,economic, social, spiritual

the old guard or old club, building the house-of-Order
from the bottom-up, carefully nurtured & crafted those 4 points of light
for a purpose of creating abundant materialism
and as managers & creators of the the system...will rule the future

the Bush&Co, neocons, have thrown a monkey wrench in the machine

(i paraphrased some of Barry Goldwater's thoughts, He said in past speaches)

?? Trouble In Paradise ?? NWO in Turmoil ??
might be other headlines, if this story was spinned into a NWO thread....

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Anyone who looks at these things with an even slightly discerning eye knows the "War on Terror" is a farce. It's a marketing campaign, not a military campaign, one designed to justify keeping defense budgets at Cold War levels and sending US troops into harms way to "protect the interests" of the oil industry and the state of Israel, not those of the American people.

If we were so serious about "fighting terrorism", well for one thing we probably wouldn't be supporting MEK & Kurdish terrorists in Iran.

top topics

join