It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Keeps You Motivated In Tough Times?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was just wondering, what keeps you motivated in tough times? What keeps you going when you're about to fall? For me, thinking about my loved ones and, don't ask me why, I sing a song in my head. I also think about the future and what I could accomplish, who I could help.

I have had a hard life, like many others I had to work for everything I have ever gotten, which is a good thing in a way (not like Paris Hilton or Some rich celebrity), this is why I am starting this thread, to know what keeps YOU going when there's only a dim light in sight? I think this is a good way too becoming a bigger, better family here on ATS.

-Jimmy-

P.S. If it is too personal, you don't have to post. But then again, maybe we can help!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just keep bangin on that 6string and in no time you will be a member of the Brotherhood of Wire and Wood. Passion, my brother! For me it's the Blues but it could be anything.

Sing that song, write it down, analyze it, change it, find the melody, share it with your friends, shine the bright light of Passion on it. Experiment, experience failure and Ecstasy. No rules, No Limits, No Excuses!

It's all good!!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Like most people, I would imagine, I've had my share of "tough times". You know, times when you just couldn't see a glimmer of light in the road ahead. Yeah, I had my moments of doubt. Frankly, I think I've had more than my share. Nevertheless, the one thing that has always kept me going is the knowledge that "things always change". Nothing remains the same. This simple piece of understanding has always allowed me to simply plod onward. I always understood that no matter how bad things were at the moment, things would change.

Yes, sometimes things did change....for the worse, but even then, I knew that things often could only get better because I had already hit rock bottom. Somehow I have always prevailed.

Thank God I have always been surrounded by loving family and caring friends. Without them, well, things might have been different.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
God, Family and Love.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have often told myself that, that things can only get better, and it helps in tough times. Anyone else care to say how they get through tough times?

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's kinda hard to think positively when every aspect of your life is going so badly.

I'm glad that I'm not in a relationship that keeps me constantly defending myself. When I was married I listen to the complaints 24/7, but never herd any solutions.

I'm soooo glad that I'm not forced to stay in a relationship like that any more.

After that experience I swore that I would never argue with anyone ever again. 20 years later I've held that promise. You argue with me and I leave or ignore you.

I don't think I'm a know it all, but realizing that I'm smarter that most typical people out there helps me get through tough times.

I have no family so I have to really on my cat for emotional support.

By the way, I would not be here if I thought most people were ignorant on this forum.

I hate people that jump to conclusions when they read something like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Welcome Modemizer! It's hard to stay out of arguments around here though. Some very strong personalities, with steadfast beliefs and ideologies.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What keeps me going when the going gets rough? My kids, and my ability to shut out bad things... (block it out)... don't deal with it. I know that's not good, but it's what I do...I'm good at it! I hate confrontations...hate them.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Like my avatar says "happy pills"

How many of you here have problems with work?

My work seems overwhelming, it is the one thing I could do without!

And I guess i deal with it with this :w:

I just wish i could sleep, anyone else?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Welcome Modemizer! It's hard to stay out of arguments around here though. Some very strong personalities, with steadfast beliefs and ideologies.

I really don't have any problems with people on forums if they are intellegent. An arguement is when someone talks and does not listen to the others view. Then they both start talking without listening.

From some of the post here. I can tell that alot of people here are open minded and smart.

I hope redseal that you don't take your happy pills and drink at the same time. That will amplify your heart rate and you may just go into cardiac arrest.

Stimulants and alcohol is never a good mix!

I'm trying to get off stimulants because they are so addictive.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Welcome Modemizer, BTS is a friendly place, you can talk about almost anything. But when you cross sides into ATS, it can get pretty rough. Some people have some wierd ideas and thoughts, which will cause some brewhahas (Not litteraly). Anyways enjoy your stay! I've almost been registered a year now and everybody has been nice to me!.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What keeps me motivated??? hmmm... I guess my way is a mix of smoking drugs and creating alternative words on my computer or in a notebook. This way, i escape reality. Of course, it doesn't solve my problems (the one who tells you drugs solve problems is the next to go into rehab) but sometimes, as I am really nervous all the time, this cannabis thing just keeps me okay, instead of crying like a baby or doing stupid things like drinking or yelling at everybody .

As an amateur writer, i can't stay connected all the time to reality. I have to escape, that's why i smoke drugs. I don't care of what you think, it avoided a lot of trouble to me. It was the "necessary evil" i had to take.

new topics

top topics

join