It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA camps & The Freedom of Speech.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What on earht does Iran declaring war have to do with martial law over here? Put down the crack pipes. Drugs are bad.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
What on earht does Iran declaring war have to do with martial law over here? Put down the crack pipes. Drugs are bad.

Maybe something to do with the rest of what was mentioned in that paragraph. The use of the UN as an ally of the "global gov't" type in a war with Iran, shared databases between countries. The UN is not exactly friendly to our notion of freedom of arms here in the US either.

Not to mention, the drug references are completely unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You know if these camps do exist all over and not just 1 or 2. I have always questioned their existence as the rumors describe them...

I know most people are sheeple and would let alot of things happen without fighting back, but the taking of true americans and sending them to places like this just doesnt seem possible in our lifetime to me. They could never totally disarm the US's people and even the solders or whoever they got to do the rounding up would break down quickly once they saw friends and family being dragged away..But thats just my opinion.

Now I feel, if these camps do exist and there are plans to use them..wouldnt it be more likely its for rounding up "muslims" or maybe even mexicans if they decided to kick all the illegals out? I think the camps are a bad deal no matter how you look at it, but I see these uses as way more likely to happen than the round up of average american patriots anyday.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769I think the camps are a bad deal no matter how you look at it, but I see these uses as way more likely to happen than the round up of average american patriots anyday.

If everything is as true as I think it most likely is, then the people they round up will not be considered "patriots" by many. They will be seen as people deserving to be locked up, because they will be prepped already through MSM to think that way. Plus look at the growing numbers of people against gun ownership in this country, just another sign of people being taught that certain rights/priviledges afforded for so long are now something that we should possibly look down upon.

Just my $.02 personally.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I understand that, I know most people think anyone that goes against the grain is a militant cultish crazy. But again once 1 or 2 of those end up being somebody you really know it will be questioned in a big way. Maybe it will be too late then, but you see what I mean..Once the average law abiding Joe who thinks that all those are just people that are fighting the system and should just obey the powers that be has an uncle or brother in law that is a patriot and not a crazy, they will think that maybe alot of others are innocent as well...

I still cant accept the rounding up of americans, I mean I know this gets into the whole thats what "they" want, but once it gets to that, working normal world stuff is over, which means no more money spending by us, all that stops at that point...I just dont see the angle of the "MAN" wanting to enslave us anymore than we already are, seems like they are doing as well as they can off us and it would get worse for them not better if these changes were to take place.

Now rounding up foreigners whether arab or illegals I hate to say would be much easier to take place and seem more logical to me in this type of use. I still dont see any of these taking place anytime in the near future, This would have to be slow, a huge overnight takeover would definatly not go down well even with the dumb folks that are nothing but products of the "MAN".

[edit on 26-3-2007 by Wiz4769]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Your logic is flawed in your thinking that dissent is the life blood of democracy.

Do not be so quick to say dissent is the lifeblood of anything, except democracies early death.

With all due respect, I think your looking at the word from its politicized meaning and prospective.

I use it in its purist form

en.wikipedia.org...

"Dissent may be expressed in many ways. In some political systems, dissent may be formally expressed by way of opposition politics, while politically repressive regimes may prohibit any form of dissent, leading to suppression of dissent and the encouragement of social or political activism. Individuals who do not conform or support the policies of certain states may be described as "dissidents" or in extreme cases, "enemies of the state".

IE: I believe it is the life blood of Democracy to question everything. Formulate an opinion. Vote on it. And accept the majority decision.

Your point is valid if viewed from an understanding that dissent means disobedience or anarchy.

Maybe i should have used another less emotive word.

Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Since the government WANTS these illegals here for cheap labor for their corporate buddies, the camps are unlikely to be used for the illegals. I don't understand why people still don't get that the government doesn't want to get rid of the illegal invaders. The invaders don't present a problem to the wealthy elite.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by Wiz4769I think the camps are a bad deal no matter how you look at it, but I see these uses as way more likely to happen than the round up of average american patriots anyday.

If everything is as true as I think it most likely is, then the people they round up will not be considered "patriots" by many.
Just my $.02 personally.

Great comments.

One mans Patriot is another mans terrorist.

I think it far more likely that the FEMA camps where built over a period of time. There original purpose would have been fear of a Black revolution. Remember the Panthers and how it all got blown out of proportion ?

The next bogey man up to bat would be Illegal Immigrants.

And the US is now looking at the probability of Terrorism from within.

It would be irrisponsible of me to suggest ways in which circumstances could come to pass, that could allow for the incarsaration of vast amounts of people. And I can think of many.

But I could easily see how such a task could be undertaken along ethnic lines. In exactly the same way as people of Japanese origin where dealt with during the Second World War.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join