It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comment on this statement...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I thought that I would start a thread on this comment (or variations of it) that I have seen recently typed in some threads around this forum:

"I want to believe in UFOs, but if the evidence looks too good, then I doubt that it must be true."

To me, that has to be one of the most hypocritical, moronic, illogical statements that a person can make with regards to UFOs.

Would they prefer to see bad videos, out of focus pictures and other poor quality images instead???

Many people complain that they can't see a 'good quality' picture or video, yet some of them also state that they would tend NOT TO BELIEVE a 'good quality' picture or video, as it would be 'too good to be true'.

For logic's sake, if you're not prepared to accept the good evidence when it appears, then don't make the statement that you will only believe in UFOs when good evidence IS presented!

Some people have to be absolutely wired the wrong way to demand good evidence, yet to also deny it as being 'fake' when it is presented!!!

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You got a point. This is a pattern happening quite frequently, some people "Don't" want to make the effort to open up just a bit even.

It's about, keeping their world stable, the preconceptions and the beliefs. Because, opening up means change, and change isn't always welcome. It's scary too, until you realise, that it brings a wind of freshness to your life.

You will never have enough video and picture evidences to the sceptics and debunkers. Might as well, just move on to discussing other aspect of this field.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Very good points in both posts.

Yes, there are those immovable skeptics who simply cannot accept the idea or fact of ufos/ets. The eternal naysayers and fence-sitters. But obviously it fascinates them otherwise they would not be here. They add to the discussion and sharpen the discourse, but often are simply dismissive and want to halt an interesting discussion like putting out a brushfire. Why?

Of course there's also the other side of the coin, those who, if you photograph a runaway party balloon or throw a pot in the air and snap a picture of it, have already linked it to the Peliadiens, first contact and a hollow moon.

What is so fascinating and disturbing is the vast enigma of the ufo/et question--what's really going on. We're hamstrung by the elusiveness of hard evidence and are looking at scraps and tea leaves, trying to decipher what is obviously a profoundly complex phenomenon.

We really do have to keep an open mind about all information and reports brought to the table with sincerity.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
When I first started looking, my view on ufo's were simple. I just wanted to know.

Then I got all the information that is currently available. IE how the cover ups are tied to NWO, 2012 ect. It then became more real to me, regardless if this info is true or not.

I am more skeptical now, even though I beleive even more than I did a year ago. I know how artifacts on a camera lens on the space shuttle can create the illusion of a UFO. I know how stars and bugs can be mistaken as well.
I also know how people hoax UFO's.

I think the experienced ufologists can be your biggest skeptic even though they probably believe more than you do.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This iS valid point...
If were not careful..... when great video evidence does present itself it will just be assumed to be good CGI...... without much more than a glance.....

And unfortunately with CGI getting cheaper and better by the day.....
Some disinformation campaigns will undoubtably involve fake videos using good CGI.....
And whip the ufo community into a frenzy for a few weeks and they be let down when someone finds "dirty finger prints" all over it..... or doubts it for one reason or another

And when the real thing is on the table.... it wont take much to discredit...... as it will look (t0 99% of the population) indestiguishable from 100 fakes along the same lines..........

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by morphonius821This iS valid point...
If were not careful..... when great video evidence does present itself it will just be assumed to be good CGI...... without much more than a glance.....

Like the Tallahassee UFO?
To be honest I'd like to see a Lot more activity in that thread as it deserves it. Personally I'd like to see the footage on the news as well, just to raise awareness.

I mean, it's pretty obvious it's Not a fake, it's not even about that anymore. It's more about what the heck it is, and where do we go from here?

Just check it out.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok, decent thread.
One I can actually comment on, without seeming to be a debunker.

You get these great, up close color pics. Nice. Fine and dandy.
Then, the OP goes on to describe contact/abduction by aliens. (Not all
cases, but a lot. Think Billy Meir (sp)).

How does one get all these great, clear, up-close pics of these fantastic
craft, but not one pic of an alien ? No tissue samples under the finger nails.
No DNA after intercourse with an alien. (Good ol' Billy, again)

So, do great pictures impress me ? Not really.
If the story is only about the picture, with no extraneous, outlandish story..
meh...that's different. I'll sooner believe the Auntie taking pics of her nephew and seeing a UFO after sorting through the pics at Wal-Mart, than
someone who has beautiful pictures and a story about seeing Zeta Reticuli.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, one user posted stuff about the guy talking in the UFO video which made her/him a non believer - check out the quote:

"Actually those timings like "oh fkin ufo" and ten seconds later "oh it disappeared" are very skeptical imo. "

All this while the guy is focusing the camera - seemingly looking to the sky through the lens... some skeptics... LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Really great points of view above. Skeptics I can not only understand but feel their going to carry the torch before too long.
Of course that's assuming the US & Cdn Govs prolong admission of the truth.

Dallas

top topics

join