It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know anything about 'de bugging?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hi
I am getting an error message saying a line in null or void and then it prompts me to debug. Now, it only happens when I am chatting using yahpoo. I clicked it once to say yes and it brought up all of these lines and then I closed it and got scared just in case I had opened a virus. But, I have ran my virus thingo and it is all good but should I do the debug?

Has this happened to anyone b4?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What are the codes? i.e what is the identification.

example:

x000498H0fJ

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
oh I don't know, I didnt write them down. It just says a line is null or void. I checked out the debug info online but it doesnt say much at all.
My thingo is if its 'auto debug' why is it prompting me (pc silly) to fix it????

Just seems really weird...
and scarey.

oh and when this first happened I ended up with two yahpoo buttons, so I restarted and now I have only one BUT there is a blank space between the icon and another, so it looks like there is space for another icon.
I have a firewall and avg pro (which is really good) but this has me worried. Is it possible to pick up a nasty and your virus program to not pick it up?

I wish I could just copy the screen and paste it up but I just tried to do that and it didnt work.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by NJE777]

woo hoo I did a screen shot
but not sure how its going to come up?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No you are not being hacked or spied on. These things both happen but are not as scary as you would think

Its like saying someone rang me at home but I didn't hear the telephone.

something that needs "de bugging" is basically a software malfunction that needs to be resolved.

If you can't give me the codes then do this.

deactivate all unnecessary processes (running programs) like your antivirus and firewall, quicktime, real player etc.

uninstall the messenger and clean your registry.

reinstall the program and see what happens.

Do it. Do it.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST
DOUBLE POST

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
deactivate all unnecessary processes (running programs) like your antivirus and firewall, quicktime, real player etc.

uninstall the messenger and clean your registry.

reinstall the program and see what happens.

Do it. Do it.

oh farout!!

that is a big thing. I will just call my pc guy. I don't know how to clean a register!
I removed spybot last week and my sound driver disappeared. My pc man (omg - I have had him out twice this week already!!) hates me, or will if I call him again.

:bnghd:

top topics

join