It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yin Yang and the Zone of Eight Trigrams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, surely you people know about the concept of the Chinese philosiphy of Yin Yang. If you notice on the Yin Yang sign, there are a bunch of lines around it. These are called "The Zone of Eight Trigrams". Each unit of the Eight Trigrams is called a Hexagram, in which there are 64 of them. The perfect balance of Yin Yang can be achieved in Tai Chi, an ancient Chinese art.

That is about all I know about this...

I am currently learing this, and I want to know...any experts on this? I would love to achieve this concept...and I love to learn these things.

I'd love to learn some things about this...

Domo Arigato (I know that's Japanese, not Chinese...geez...),

OkamiZaku

I just pwnd j00r f4c3!!1!1!!ONE11!!!1

[edit on 24-3-2007 by OkamiZaku]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
*POST WITHDRAWN*

[edit on 3-5-2007 by OkamiZaku]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, I'm not an expert, but the following link does provide some interesting info about where the Yin Yang comes from.

www.chinesefortunecalendar.com...

I think that it does seem appropriate that it's based on observation of nature.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
O kami
The symbol is not only a part of martial arts but also a representation of life in general. It has many interpretations and its exact origin is left to much debate but it seems you have two symbols confused. You referred to the eight trigrams and taiji the martial art as if the trigram symbol represents the art of taiji but this is not so and I don’t know if that was your intent but the symbol associated with taiji is the “yin/yang” (the taijitu) symbol by itself. The eight trigrams symbol, in the context of martial arts is related to baqua with the trigrams relating to a specific animal (dragon, phoenix, bear, snake, unicorn, monkey, lion, rooster) that is part of baqua style. Beyond martial arts the eight trigrams (actually turned into 64 hexagrams) symbolize the yijing (I Ching) which is a classic Chinese text from thousands of years ago that describes ancient cosmology and philosophy that is said to be used to understand the dynamic balance of life and the natural order of events as well as accepting change. The Yijing is constructed around sixty-four hexagrams (gua), each of which is made of six parallel broken or unbroken line segments (yao). Each of the sixty-four hexagrams has a unique designation; its image (xiang) refers to a particular natural object and conveys the meaning of human events and activities. The Yijing thus has generated a special way to decipher the universe. It mainly incorporates three elements: xiang (images), shu (numbers), and li (meanings). They act as the mediators between heavenly phenomena and earthly human everyday life.

Hope this helps and let me know if have any other questions…..

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I know it meant life itself, I was refering to the martial arts thingy-mabobber.

top topics

join