It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British UN official killed in Jenin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 08:24 AM
link   
British UN official killed in Jenin

A United Nations official has been shot dead in the West Bank town of Jenin during an Israeli military operation close to UN headquarters there.

news.bbc.co.uk...

- qo.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When your are working in the middle of a battle, don't be surprized if you are hit by by a bullet !

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:26 AM
link   
yeah, i suppose so. same for those idiots in the world trade center. i mean, working in the biggest target in new york. what were they, f*ing morons?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiet one
yeah, i suppose so. same for those idiots in the world trade center. i mean, working in the biggest target in new york. what were they, f*ing morons?

- qo.

yeah what were they doing in the middle of war bullets fly ! bombs fall! i mean what the hell were they doing in the twin towers its war out there!!! and everybody warned them that the twin towers were under attack and everybody knows that america is soooooo dangerous! i mean damn!!

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thats a really stupid comparison, and its oviously aimed to piss people off. The truth is that working in an area where two sides are waging war brings with it extreme risk and the possibility of being killed. The death of that worker is unfortunate, but something which people working in danger zones know and accept as a part of the job.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Yes, I guess it went with the territory as they say in the Westerns.
I think we'll see a little more on this, however, as either side tries to put the responsibility on the other.
And -just as GWB had made it clear that he does not feel subordinate to the UN, this could be Israel demonstrating the same attitude.
Most interesting was the reported first reaction of the dreadful Ghanaian apparatchik, empire-builder and self-seeker Kofi Annan who seemed to dismiss it as just one of those things.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I should, of course, have added 'again" after "attitude" given Israel's No1 position in the "Defy the UN SuperLeague".

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A British aid worker who died on Friday in Jenin refugee camp was killed by Israeli gunfire, Israeli public radio has reported.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We await, in awed and hushed anticipation, Blair's soundbite.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I expected Israel to confirm this: we recall, some months ago, poor Koh-Linn's trip to the Near East and the sorry saga of visiting Jenin last tme around -the Israelis were quite happy to give even their paymasters the run around.
In fairness to the Israelis, their flavour of jihad is utterly consistent: "This town ain't big enough for the both of us" is the rule, and any third party sticking their nose into Palestine can expect no favours.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Iain Cook was shot by accident as he left his caravan with a mobile phone in his hand, according to an initial investigation by the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), the radio says.
news.bbc.co.uk...

they forgot to add that the soldier tought that the cell. phone was a grenade:[taken from www.haaretzdaily.com]

the IDF admitted that Hook was mistakenly shot by an IDF soldier, adding that he was shot by accident after emerging from a caravan during the gunfight holding a mobile phone, which was mistaken by the soldier for a grenade.

[Edited on 24-11-2002 by $-t-r-a-n-g-e-r]

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiet one

No, they weren't f*ing morons. They were peoples who were working like you and me. They were not in the middle of a war like this UN guy. If I'm doing a war and if I'm hit by a bullet, it's normal. But it's not normal when you are hit if you are working in a country who's not in war.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:05 AM
link   
As ever the people who defend occupation and murder come out of what ever stinking hole they live in.

If Europe had a government as right wing and religiously biggoted as Israel has then there would uproar.The world should realise that this government would have been more appropriate in South America in the 1970's than in the 21st century.

Israel continues to ignore the UN and believes itself above international law.Who will mourn when the whole fecking lot meet their maker?

Don't wait for me to add anything more to this thread.Conversing with right wing Religious biggots continually justifying Israels position.Leaves me feeling sick!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
1) If Europe had a government as right wing and religiously biggoted as Israel has then there would uproar.The world should realise that this government would have been more appropriate in South America in the 1970's than in the 21st century.

2) Israel continues to ignore the UN and believes itself above international law.Who will mourn when the whole fecking lot meet their maker?

3) Don't wait for me to add anything more to this thread.Conversing with right wing Religious biggots continually justifying Israels position.Leaves me feeling sick!!!

1) Israel have an elected government. Wich SA country had one in the 70' ?

2) Ok. Show us a country who do exactely what the UN ask him to do.

3) Conversing with left wing non-religious peoples continually justifying Palestinians positions.Leaves me feeling sick!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Quite a few, actually, Ultra_Phoe.

The words "Chile", "Allende", "American", "supported", "Fascist", and "coup" spring to mind.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Estragon, the USA and the former USSR were supporting many dictatures, I know.

It was the cold war and the both sides did bads things( specialy the USSR
).

Of course, it's not an excuse and I do not support any dictatures. I support ONLY democratia.

top topics

join