It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

full auto 12 ga.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC

According to this site it is simi-automatic. Am I missing something here?

Er. obviously you are. The first line in the weapon statistics says;

Type: gas operated semi-auto or selective fire

The whole written article describes it's operation, including it's firing modes. It then concludes the first paragraph with the subsequent BATF ruling as a class III dstructive device. Indeed thelast line of the article actually uses the words;

"USAS-12 is very bulky and heavy, but the large mass greatly improves the recoil control, especially in full automatic (bursts) mode"

Did you actually read your own source?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by PaddyInf]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf

Originally posted by SwitchbladeNGC

According to this site it is simi-automatic. Am I missing something here?

Er. obviously you are. The first line in the weapon statistics says;

Type: gas operated semi-auto or selective fire

The whole written article describes it's operation, including it's firing modes. It then concludes the first paragraph with the subsequent BATF ruling as a class III dstructive device. Indeed thelast line of the article actually uses the words;

"USAS-12 is very bulky and heavy, but the large mass greatly improves the recoil control, especially in full automatic (bursts) mode"

Did you actually read your own source?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by PaddyInf]

Yes I did read my own source, though I was under the impression that the burst mode is normally employed as an intermediate fire mode between semi-automatic and fully-automatic and thus not actually considered "full-auto" since that was generally a separate mode in itself. I was also going by the "users manual" printed by the company that produced this gun which refers to it as a "simi-automatic shotgun". Apparently I was mistaken in this impression and I thank you for clearing that up for me.

[edit on 5/1/2007 by SwitchbladeNGC]

<< 1   >>

join