It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

full auto 12 ga.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
did anyone else see the 32 rnd full auto 12 ga on future weapons, man that is one scary weapon hope i never see the business end on the thing. and 12 ga grenades! i can see that is a weapon that would be well suited to urban warfare.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Do you have any pics, links or other info on it.....who makes it etc.

MR

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
it was on discovery channel future weapons but their site is so messed up i can't get a link that is good but i found it here :

www.defensereview.com...

this pretty much covers it .

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Meh.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Search for USAS 12, nice full auto with drum capability. street sweepers in all their glory.

Just stay away from the "dragons breaths" rounds, while using those full autos.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
meh ? i sorry i an old guy ( i mean i am sorry i'm an old guy ) but does this mean something?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yup, saw it last night and thought it was very cool. Of course now I want one!

I also want that job.

Roper

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well said. "Meh" was my opinion of these too.

It seems like you could make them a little less cumbersome. Something like a Saiga-12 or something.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Well said. "Meh" was my opinion of these too.

It seems like you could make them a little less cumbersome. Something like a Saiga-12 or something.

damn right

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The AA12 is a interesting design not for the fact of being a full auto 12ga thats been done before. The interesting feature is the claimed ability the guns has to never require any cleaning or lubrication.

The Combat shotgun still has a role on the modern battlefield and many soldiers in Iraq will tell you Iraqi and foreign fighters fear the 12ga much more the M-4 and M-16 rifle.

IMO the more interesting development is the Frag-12 12ga ammo. It comes in a few different versions like Frag and even Shape charge warheads, and having a range 150 plus meters and that kind of energy on impact that round can very well change the way the combat shotgun is used forever.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Shaped charges for a full auto, lets hope nothing bad happens to that round while it is in the breach. A cook off would be lethal for the one holdng the weapon.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I saw one of those full-auto shotguns on Stargate of all places. I think it was a season one episode.

I've got the bad habit of framing through combat scenes looking for stupid crap. Saw a weapon kicking out Remington shotgun shells...it was a full auto drum fed shotgun! Had never seen one before that. The scene went by so fast if you didn't step through it you wouldn't even have seen it.

I've got a Spas combat 12. It is the very definition of POS.

ShadowXIX: you should get some dust rounds for fun. You can blow out a door with it very handily. There's also some iron powder/ceramic slugs for breaching.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Shaped charges for a full auto, lets hope nothing bad happens to that round while it is in the breach. A cook off would be lethal for the one holdng the weapon.

That would be scary. I think the rounds are still in testing, perhaps it uses something akin to the 40mm grenade range saftey and will not detonate until a certain distance is traveled 50 ft I think.

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

I've got a Spas combat 12. It is the very definition of POS.

ShadowXIX: you should get some dust rounds for fun. You can blow out a door with it very handily. There's also some iron powder/ceramic slugs for breaching.

Sadly I cant own a Spas 12 In my state
Most "street sweepers" are also banned. Ive been thinking of getting a Saiga-12 and then doing a conversion to a pistol grip which isnt that hard and still legal. They are pretty nice semi-auto shotguns IMO not expensive and they make aftermarket 10 shot clips for them now.

I have seen the breaching rounds but never used them, I still have some flame rounds I never used.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would hate to see this weapon with a shorter barrel, and with BIRDSHOT.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
great weapon, but what about a squad auto 12 ga.?

[edit on 3-4-2007 by electrospere15]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
32 rounds ? 12G ?
Sounds like it's a pain in the ass to carry one of those.

Anyone seen full auto 12k Saiga ?
now that is something I would like to get my hands on.
I had alot of fun with a semi-auto version, loaded with 12g slugs... that's something you don't want to be on the other end of.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by kaskad]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This type of weapon has limited uses, but could be very potent within its limitations, these being range and weight of ammunition. I'm also a bit wary about this reduced recoil system, but maybe that's just me

House clearance immediately springs to mind, as does public order if loaded with rubber shot (don't know what reliability would be like with these rounds though). Also has potential for VCPs if loaded with privots or some other type of AP slug.

Not so sure about the claims about cleaning. I seem to remember these claims about certain other weapons systems, with predictable results.

Interesting find though.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by PaddyInf]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskad

Anyone seen full auto 12k Saiga ?
now that is something I would like to get my hands on.
I had alot of fun with a semi-auto version, loaded with 12g slugs... that's something you don't want to be on the other end of.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by kaskad]

I own a converted Saiga 7.62 but have fired the civilian (semi auto) Saiga 12 ga before they are very nice semi auto shotgun for the price IMO. They work off the same basic principle as the AK-47 and thus have great reliability.

I think Im going to order a converted one from these guys

www.tromix.com...

So I can get Pistol grip, door breacher and AK-47 style sights. There are also after market 10 shot clips out there now. Tromix makes a full auto version but Im not sure if they even market it class III permit holders.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I own a converted saiga 12. Bought the latest "sport" model, then took it to the gunsmith at Gander Mountain. Talked with him about the conversion process from here: www.cross-conn.com...

It took a little custom work when it comes to how to remount the trigger guard (had to do some welding due to the difference between the 12ga and the 308). But it came out GREAT.

email me if you have questions about this. [email protected]

I don't check that real often, but i do check it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Search for USAS 12, nice full auto with drum capability. street sweepers in all their glory.

Just stay away from the "dragons breaths" rounds, while using those full autos.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by ADVISOR]

According to this site it is simi-automatic. Am I missing something here?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join