It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

helicopters and highrises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ok this is my first post other than in the introduction forum so bear with me

I know people have asked why helicopters werent used to do airlifts, and it was because there was no where for them to land, and the roof access doors were locked and barred.

But why are helicopters or other water bearing aircraft like the ones used in wildfires not used to drop water on unreachable or very high urban fires? These planes and helicopters can hold huge amounts of water or flame retardent material and drop it in different methods some if which i would think would be able to at least slow the flames or help stop the spread of large fires unreachable by fire crews at the time.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would think that the trajectory would be difficult. How do you drop water at an angle, 1/3 of the way down the building, onto the vertical surface, without running into the building?

On WTC 1 and 2 you would have needed to thread the needle and "shoot" the water through the holes left by the aircraft. The roofs were intact as far as I know.

It would seem like a helicopter would need to hover and shoot out the water into the hole. This would be hard.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
On an aside... Steven Jones claims to have been contacted very early on in his 9/11 research by a man offering him a government grant if he would cease his CD research. That grant was for the design of a missile or projectile that could be fired, possibly from a helicopter, to extinguish fires in high rises.... I guess it would explode a bunch of foam or halon or something.

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Water bombing the 911 fires from a chopter would be impossible even in the best case scenarios. As noted above the angles needed to douse the fires would be extreem and dangerous to the crew. Also, with the internal core on fire, you might be able to put water on the exterior fires, but the core would still burn

top topics

join