It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object in my photo: Help needed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

What you see above is all the information contained in this photo. It is presented at 800% with no filtering applied. What you see is what is there.

The noise around this object appears no where else in the image. I have gone over it completely. This noise should not be there.

The most likely is that the object was moving and was too small to cover more than a pixel. When a moving object like a bird or a plane is to small to fill more than one or two pixels you get something like you see in this photo. In fact you get exactly what you see.

My best guess is a bird or a plane far enough away it covered only one or two pixels.
Why would you shoot a shot of the sky with no subject?

Wasn't a plane because i didn't see it when i took the photo... Bird, possibly, but i didn't see it either.

Why i took it? I could post a heap more photos of random sky that i've taken. As i said earlier, i like to get the cloud textures.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The original image you shot was 3264 x 2176 according to the metadata. Try cropping just the relevant part from the original so it is small enough for PhotoBucket and post it in original size?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The original image you shot was 3264 x 2176 according to the metadata. Try cropping just the relevant part from the original so it is small enough for PhotoBucket and post it in original size?

Last post from me on last page has a link to the fullsize original picture

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My Bad

Sorry I missed that.

Much better view. I'm now guessing a bug. I see lots of that same pattern on pics I shoot near water where there are lots of bugs to interfere. An insect would be a good bet. I'm about 90% sure from lots of experience.

Crop from the original zoomed in with no filtering -

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow another tiny little speck ending up a picture.

It could be a freaking bug flying by, a speck of dirty blowing by, it could be anything. Zoomed in its just two pixels or so.

I mean I couldn't even see it at first...

Uh sorry for being so negative but I mean we need something clear cut not a speck.

EDIT: Okay so its more than a couple pixels, but it still could just be a gnat flying by...you never know.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Wow another tiny little speck ending up a picture.

It could be a freaking bug flying by, a speck of dirty blowing by, it could be anything. Zoomed in its just two pixels or so.

I mean I couldn't even see it at first...

Uh sorry for being so negative but I mean we need something clear cut not a speck.

EDIT: Okay so its more than a couple pixels, but it still could just be a gnat flying by...you never know.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by Kacen]

So are you saying that if something that looked like that showed up in one of your photos that you wouldn't want to wipe the 'what if' doubts from your mind about it?

Thats all i am doing. I never said it was anything out of this world, it just appeared in the photo after i took it, and in the zooms i posted in the first post it looked very disc like, so i posted it to have it looked at.

I can understand the negativity, i know how frustrating blurry videos and speck photos can be, but they are better than nothing at all...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

My Bad

Sorry I missed that.

Much better view. I'm now guessing a bug. I see lots of that same pattern on pics I shoot near water where there are lots of bugs to interfere. An insect would be a good bet. I'm about 90% sure from lots of experience.

Thanks for the input. Bug is most likely explanation i guess. It just looked so weird that i had to post it regardless.

If you don't mind, could you check out the other couple of black objects in the picture as well. Have a look at the hi-res one and scroll through it, it has picked a few up. Probably dust or bugs as well, but some do seem to be in the clouds, as in behind a layer of cloud cover.

Thanks for all you've done so far, and thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Very interesting Pic !

Why cant you be in Western Australia so I can have hope of seeing something one day..

Two lines, no excessive quoting - indeed no quoting.... GET OFF MY BACK YOU MODS.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Blaine, the image has more than one 'dark dot' in it. Cropping it would reduce any quantitative credibility the entire image has.

Also it would do nothing to reduce 'noise' around the image or increase quality of the object.

Bird, plane, I would opt more for bird. But that said, its still an interesting image.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Very interesting Pic !

Why cant you be in Western Australia so I can have hope of seeing something one day..

Two lines, no excessive quoting - indeed no quoting.... GET OFF MY BACK YOU MODS.

Haha... be careful with them mods man
They'll strike when you least expect it.

This is pretty much a first for me as far as UFO photos go, so it isn't like it is a regular thing. It isn't like i go out of my way to photograph them... can't even see the damn things with the naked eye anyway according to my photo! (Probably just bugs and/or dust anyway).

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Originally posted by badw0lf
Very interesting Pic !

Haha... be careful with them mods man
They'll strike when you least expect it.

This is pretty much a first for me as far as UFO photos go, so it isn't like it is a regular thing. It isn't like i go out of my way to photograph them... can't even see the damn things with the naked eye anyway according to my photo! (Probably just bugs and/or dust anyway).

Haha, They're indeed sneaky - Snipe you for a one liner, and at the same time for not snipping the quote... lol - Insidious I say.

Mate, maybe.. Your pic could be anything, but it is something to discuss - numerous similar points of interest. I'm not so willing to wipe it off, but sure its not a defined Holy Moley UFO.

Don't let 'em put ya off..

And if yer ever in Perth. I'm shouting you a beer !!
(or your choice of beverage, good to say gidday anyway)

[edit on 20/3/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

My Bad

Sorry I missed that.

Thanks for the input. Bug is most likely explanation i guess. It just looked so weird that i had to post it regardless.

If you don't mind, could you check out the other couple of black objects in the picture as well. Have a look at the hi-res one and scroll through it, it has picked a few up. Probably dust or bugs as well, but some do seem to be in the clouds, as in behind a layer of cloud cover.

Thanks for all you've done so far, and thanks in advance.

Maybe a bug, but it appears to be in focus, and I get that if it's 3 cm in size, it's only about 12 meters away.

A bird is very plausible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join