It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrongly Convicted Of Rape, Man Now Convicted Of Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Wrongly Convicted Of Rape, Man Now Convicted Of Murder

www.cnn.com

CHILTON, Wisconsin (AP) -- A man who spent 18 years in prison for a rape he didn't commit was convicted Sunday of murdering a photographer, whose charred bones were found in a burn pit outside his home.

Steven Avery, 44, shook his head when the verdict was read. He faces a mandatory life prison term for killing Teresa Halbach, 25, on Halloween 2005 near his family's salvage yard.

Halbach disappeared October 31, 2005, after going to the yard in rural Manitowoc County to photograph a minivan that Avery's sister had for sale through Auto Trader Magazine. Avery had called that morning to request the photo, testimony showed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is ironic that a person cleared of rape after 18 years, now is convicted of murder.

He was proven innocent of the past rape charges, he wasted eighteen years of his life in prison.

Now he’s out and this is what he got. Did someone make him a criminal? Eighteen years inside a prison for a crime you never did. The system just ruined this man’s life.

But for this new case against him, why?, how could it be? If there is someone to blame, (if there is) then who?

This is a weird case I can say.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm in the middle of the recently released Netflix documentary about this case.

It's...stunning and heartbreaking all at once. Thank you internet for having this thread after nearly a decade.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching_for_truth

Now he’s out and this is what he got. Did someone make him a criminal.

Ya, the fu(king Judicial System did...

Unfortunately, this isn't a one-off...fortunately, it made the news.

Just wait until All prisons move from State oversight to Private control.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have known this person in a professional capacity since 1987.

He is guilty as sin.
edit on 12/29/2015 by Creep Thumper because: grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

He is guilty as sin.

In 1987 he was serving time, so either that makes you a chump for trying to out a fellow detainee, or you got a sick imagination...still making you a chump.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

He is guilty as sin.

In 1987 he was serving time, so either that makes you a chump for trying to out a fellow detainee, or you got a sick imagination...still making you a chump.

I'm afraid you're the chump. I'm a screw.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper
So you lay that down and then say nothing to back it up?

How do we know that by "professional capacity" that you aren't the cop framing him?

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anonymous claims to have evidence, which they will be releasing soon, that the 2 cops who got him wrongfully jailed for rape then colluded to get him charged with murder after they were named in a multi-million dollar lawsuit for the wrongful rape incarceration.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Anonymous claims to have evidence, which they will be releasing soon, that the 2 cops who got him wrongfully jailed for rape then colluded to get him charged with murder after they were named in a multi-million dollar lawsuit for the wrongful rape incarceration.

If that's true I hope that the appropriate evidence comes to light and that everything turns out alright for the guy. Although, I do think it just means that he's screwed. When the system itself comes after you... Not much hope; they take care of their own.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
If they had paid the amount he would have won (before the second case popped up) it would have bankrupted the city and he would have been able to personally sue city employees. The second case put a stop to all of that.

Which to me is still wrong. No matter what he did on year 19, he was wrongfully imprisoned for 18 years!!! This city is DIRTY!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Please can you clarify why you believe he is guilty? I'm interested.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So you are a prison officer right? Let me ask you a question, is there any prisoner in the prison system that you know of who is innocent? I mean, if there were you would obviously champion the cause for his/her release right? Nah, didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Maybe your looking for a group of people.

This article has three short videos by a guy who was harassed by a cult (Freemasons?),
He now believes they murdered his bar manager and wants it investigated.

www.cultofweird.com...

new topics

top topics

join