It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge ice deposits cover south pole of Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

(CNN)-WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- A spacecraft orbiting Mars has scanned huge deposits of water ice at its south pole so plentiful they would blanket the planet in 36 feet of water if they were liquid, scientists said Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

The deposits, up to 2.3 miles thick, are under a polar cap of white frozen carbon dioxide and water, and appear to be composed of at least 90 percent frozen water, with dust mixed in, according to findings published in the journal Science.

www.cnn.com...

Full story here
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well... maybe if you belong to the Polar Bear Club

Photo in the News: Ice Lake Found on Mars

August 2, 2005—Life on Mars? Who knows? Ice on Mars? Most definitely—and now we've got more cold, hard evidence.

On Thursday the European Space Agency released a rare photo of a Martian ice lake in the far northern reaches of the planet. Capping a swirl of dunes at the bottom of a 23-mile-wide (35-kilometer-wide) crater, the frozen lake is thought to exist year-round. The modest temperature and pressure changes in this latitude would not be enough to allow the ice to melt or evaporate.

SOURCE

[edit on 18-3-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I posted this on breaking news a few days ago right here

cool pics

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
cool pics

Thanks

North Polar Ice Cap

More Lakes on Mars

I guess we better move them to your thread then

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yeah but then we wouldn't be able to see our cool little avatars cause I posted it in breaking news
I think we should move my thread here

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Yeah but then we wouldn't be able to see our cool little avatars cause I posted it in breaking news
I think we should move my thread here

LOL okay.. Just noticed this now...

Breaking news sucks sometimes.. it doesn't always get the same attention

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
And I wonder why the news channels areN'T going wild with this??????

Maybe they don't think this is important enough or we the people can't handle the information

[edit on 19-3-2007 by observe50]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
they don't think this is important enough

Thats the one... most people out there really don't give a damn, not like they will be able to afford a vacation on Mars anytime soon. At least it was a CNN News website...

When the Martians come kicking in their door like the Arabs did after 911 THEN they will care...

((old a LOT of alarm systems after that
]

[edit on 19-3-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I posted this link on another Mars thread so please forgive me if it seems like I am promoting them. This site has pics from mars of Shore Lines, Lakes, Tress, geysers and the Polar caps. Some of the polar cap pics were taking from 2004! Why are we just hearing about them now from Main Stream media? Makes me wonder what else they have info about from Mars.
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Breaking News.... Must see Video

NASA shows absolute proof of Alien activity on Mars...

www.maasdigital.com...

top topics

join