It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my move to 'firefox' was great...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
if you don't use firefox, you should

i recently have been having problems with my internet explorer and so i decided to move to firefox...

and guess what???

i love it

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What problems did you have with Internet Explorer? I use it and haven't had any problems.

I have used Firefox too though, and it does work well

[edit on 17/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Actually Firefox isn't really that great without the extensions. With the right extensions Firefox is the bomb. The worst part about IE is that it doesn't follow web standards correctly and has very few and bad modifications.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
What problems did you have it Internet Explorer? I use it and haven't had any problems.

I have used Firefox too though, and it does work well

problems that i don't even bother trying to fix anymore (like when you first click on the icon, the page takes a really long time to load, but after that its fine)...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bracke
Actually Firefox isn't really that great without the extensions. With the right extensions Firefox is the bomb. The worst part about IE is that it doesn't follow web standards correctly and has very few and bad modifications.

which ones would you recommend???

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not to mention the many security flaws within IE that allow adware and spyware to flood machines.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I switched to Firefox a while back.

Why did I switch? To be frank, I just switched to try something new. You know, I just wanted to see how things would work from a different technical perspective. I didn't have any complaints with IE at all. But then, it was the only browser I had ever used so how could I "know" what I didn't like about IE if I had nothing to compare it to. In a nutshell, that's why I gave Firefox a try.

The interesting thing is that I haven't switched back to IE. I barely even use IE at all now. Furthermore, I really can't even tell you exactly why I like Firefox. I simply find that using Firefox, experientially, is more comfortable and easier to use given my "style" on the internet. An example are "tabs". Yes, IE now has tabs but they were new to me when I made my switch to Firefox. Now I couldn't live without them. It just seems that the folks at Mozilla are open to different perspectives and more "in touch" with what people need or want.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Why did I switch? To be frank, I just switched to try something new. You know, I just wanted to see how things would work from a different technical perspective. I didn't have any complaints with IE at all. But then, it was the only browser I had ever used so how could I "know" what I didn't like about IE if I had nothing to compare it to. In a nutshell, that's why I gave Firefox a try.

i was like this too

i have, also, never gone back to internet explorer...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Funny but IE actually "feels" like it was designed by a huge conglomerate of programmers who simply went to work every day, day in, day out working for that pay check. The "soul" was just not there.

Firefox, on the other hand, has "soul". It doesn't "feel" like it was "hacked together" by working stiffs on a corporate production line.

OK, I don't mean to get ethereal on you, just that Firefox, if nothing else, seems to be more suited to the way I do things and the way I want them done on a browser. Sometimes its a subtle thing but when you spend hours on a computer, that makes a difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Welcome to the club they see ALL.

I've used Firefox since the first beta version was released. Every incarnation of this browser is better than the last, and I install it on every machine that comes across my bench.

I don't think you'll ever use IE again.

Nip

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i love my fire fox... I'd never switch back

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I don't think you'll ever use IE again.

i won't

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I use both, but prefer FireFox...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I had problems with IE too - I couldn't stay logged in to ATS. Everytime I clicked on a thread I was logged out again.

I switched to FF and have had no problems since.

My favorite feature is being able to have many pages open at once in tabs.
Love those tabs!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Its best to have both browsers on your system imo, but ff is my favourite.

IE can develop some nasty problems that go beyond the cache.

Although some sites and interfaces require a microsoft browser such as some routers etc.

Open source imo is becoming extremely popular and will cause proprietary companies alot of problems in the future.

FF users type about:mozilla in your browsers if you haven't already!

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2

who made that???

And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced.
But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird.
The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire
and thunder upon them. For the beast had been
reborn with its strength renewed, and the
followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
www.eeggs.com...

It was to get back at micro$oft's ie v5 joke about mozilla crashing.

Mammon refers to micro$oft.

funny stuff

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2

I've been using FF since v0.7 and never noticed anything like that before.

Thanks for the easter egg tip, I am still chuckling...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I found that a lot of the extensions I used are now implemented. The only one I really use now is a Feedburner called Sage and Skype integration.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
everyones firefox should update automatically:

linky...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join