It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacking Iraq/Iran for selling Oil with Euro's instead of Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Saddam decided to sell oil getting Euro's instead of dollars and he was attacked soon after.
Now Iran is doing the same and is now going to be attacked.

Post your thoughts.

Here's the link explaining it all : www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dear Pharaoh:

World opinion and our domestic political climate demand that we need some sort of pretext to attack Iran. Since we are planning a big assault — and I mean really, really BIG with nukes (bunker-buster) and all — we need a dramatic pretext.

Surely it has been planned to strike Iran in such a massive way, with all the “shock and awe” our arsenal has to offer, that the Iranians will surrender before they even can flip the safety switches on their weapons. Since most humans aren’t that “ruthless” so as to assail their fellow kind without “moral” justification, we need a reason however fake it may be. That’s where the deliberate sinking of a carrier theory fits in.

Why again will we attack Iran? There are three primary reasons, all interwoven and they are the same as the impetuses that triggered our invasion of Iraq. Our need for oil, dollar hegemony and Israel’s ambitions.

1. We need oil but are not permitted to purchase it from Iran directly because Israel won’t allow it. Sure, we can still buy it (Iranian oil) on the world market, but this is an indirect purchase and undermines the dollar hegemony.

2. The dominance of the U.S. dollar as a world currency (dollar hegemony) is vital to our current way of life. We are critically dependent on the rest of the world giving us money to finance our lifestyle. We are living well beyond our means and are only able to do this as long as others continue to buy our dollar denominated debts. Other countries are only ‘forced’ to keep dollars because most of the oil purchases are still conducted in U.S. dollars. This is why it is so imperative that the United States control as many sources of petroleum as possible.

3. Israel — and please note I said Israel and not “the Jews” — wants to continue its policies of ethnic cleansing in its occupied territories and to expand its borders where it deems necessary (e. g. to include water sources in southern Lebanon). Countries such as Iran (and Iraq under Saddam Hussein) are a threat to Israel’s ambitions not militarily but financially because of their monetary support to rebellious militant groups and the Palestinians in general.

Before everyone protests — Pakistan has nearly 170 million inhabitants, 98 percent of which are Muslim, plenty of which are very radicalized ‘angry young men’, and they have nuclear weapons. Oddly enough, Israel doesn’t seem to be too worried about them. Why not? Because they’re piss-poor, that’s why.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
thank you for what you have stated, Yes I believe it. I enjoy listening to people who have wizdom, your post is a good read and it is done beautifully.

My thoughts are if we stop spending 50% or more of our money on defense, we would have trillions and trillions that we can save. We have the Nukes we don't need anymore weapons etc..., if a country attacks us all we need to do is just nuke them, but first we have to make sure that they are the ones infact that have attacked us in the first place.
At any rate I am pleased to meet you and look forward to reading other posts you may write.

join