It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was wondering if there could be a slight change in the order of the chat rooms in the ATS Chat? Switch the positions of Overlord's Tin Room, and Springer's Whiskey Room.

It seems like everyone who goes into the chat, goes straight into the first room at the top, which is SkepticOverlord's Conspiracy and Alternative Topics Chat Room. That is fine, however (and I mean no offense to anyone at all), there is never any conspiratorial chat in there. Everyone in there only chats about off topic general items relating to their own personal lives, for example, what they had for supper last night, or what they did with their girlfriend earlier, or how the weather is doing, etc.
Obviously there is nothing wrong with these topics, however it is in the "wrong" chat room. Springer's OffTopic general Chit Chat Room is never used at all, eventhough that is all the topics anyone ever talks about. Myself, I don't mind these topics either, but sometimes I would like to get into a chat room and just talk about some conspiracy talk or ATS related subjects, and it "tricks" me into entering that forum to see what the chat subjects are, only to find out that there is no conspiracy talk going on at all...

If Overlord's Tin Room, and Springer's Whiskey Room were to swap positions on the chat room list, then I am sure that the rooms would be filled with more appropriate-related content. For example, the off topic general chit chat would actually be in the off topic general chit chat room, and anyone wanting to talk conspiracy could make the extra effort to go into one of the lower rooms to wait for someone to talk conspiracy stuff...

I hope that kinda makes sense, and at the same time does not offend anyone... Like I say I enjoy the off topic chats too, but I wish it was in a more appropriately labeled room, i.e The general chit chat room, and that the Conspiracy chat forum was left for people to chat about conspiracies...

I feel I must repeat again, no offense to anyone or their chat topics, just a minor issue that could be improved for "easier flow" (for lack of the better more appropriate term, whatever that should be)...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have to agree with this. For the most part chat is just members getting together to have some fun and talk about general stuff. Nothing of real import, just discussing things and having fun with one annother.

It's a great place to go to unwind and get together with other members and talk. We have collectivly talked about non conspiritorial subject matter and that isnt what the room was named for.

I think that switching the room order may actualy be in the best interest for the chat. There are people that want to discuss relevent conspiracy topics. But it is difficult when everyone wants to talk about their day.

There is nothing wrong with talking about something not deep or not conspiritorial but I can see what IronDogg is talking about. If there is some times that members want to talk about conspiritorial subject matter they should be allowed to use the apropreate room for that subject.

We all do tend to just congrigate into the room that has members hanging out in there. This is unfair to people that do want to talk subjects that the room is designed for.

df1

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Dragging the mouse a few additional pixels in no way impedes using the other chat rooms. IMHO the chat works just fine with no reordering necessary.

join