It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana is Keeping This Woman Alive, Courts Offer No Immunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Marijuana is Keeping This Woman Alive, Courts Offer No Immunity

www.cnn.com

A California woman whose doctor says marijuana is the only medicine keeping her alive is not immune from federal prosecution on drug charges, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

The case was brought by Angel Raich, an Oakland mother of two who suffers from scoliosis, a brain tumor, chronic nausea and other ailments. On her doctor's advice, she eats or smokes marijuana every couple of hours to ease her pain and bolster a nonexistent appetite as conventional drugs did not work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I do not believe that Marijuana should be legalized, so I wish to clear that up immediately. Many do, but I do not. However, I do support the substance being decriminalized. But this story really concerns me. When I think of crime, I look for culpability. Where is the intent here? We have an elder lady suffering from scoliosis, a brain tumor, chronic nausea and other ailments who leave her in constant pain. The drug allows her to ease the pain and boost her appetite. Them munchies are coming in handy by the looks of it.

Either way, I hardly see the need to pursue a case of this sort. Honestly though, what are they going to do to her? Waste of time and tax dollars.

Leave this woman live out the last of her life with a smile on her face. She is not hurting anyone else.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry C, but I posted this in the ATS section yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My bad. I thought it would be found on the BTS pages, and when I turned up nothing, I gave it a go.

Thanks for the link!

All Posts Should Be Directed to the Link Above!

new topics

top topics

join