It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ONE of the 144,000?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sparky beat me to this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

It doesn't actually say that only 144,000 get saved. The 144,000 supposedly get to be "kings and priests" (basically the rulers) over the rest of the saved who will live a on a reborn paradise Earth.

I'm not a Christian. Don't flame me. But that's what it actually says.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have an unusual mark on my forehead that was given to me when I was hit by a car @ 5 yrs. old by someone w/ a last name that means "blessed" in Greek. I 'm a musician and have frequent dreams in which Jesus appears and sometimes speaks or shows me what may be coming soon(including ET involvement and a not so far off date.)

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
Revelation....

How many faithful servants of god await god's wrath and cleansing of the Earth? Hmm? How many believe that they are one of the 144, 000 ?
Who is feeling confident?

You do realize this is only for the Israelites, the 12 tribes?

You also misread Revelation. Besides the 144,000 Israelites, there were multitudes of people who repented during the Great Tribulation. They were all accepted to enter into the Kingdom of God.

You also didn't know that immediately before the Great Tribulation, persecuted Christians were caught up in heaven. Those in the grave, will be caught up first, and those left alive from the persecution, second.

The irony here is that the bible teaches us not to condemn! Nor kill? Love thine enemies? What a contradiction!

I am only left to visualise all of these righteous people sitting on a cloud pointing down at the Earth whilst it and all of the unclean corrupt humans feel the wrath of god and say "Look at all those unworthy corrupt evil beings!" "See how worthy and righteous I am!!!!!

No irony here. God has given people enough time to repent of their evil ways so that they can change and repent to enter into the kindgom of God.
Still, there are people, who after seeing God face to face, still refuse to repent and did not give God the glory. Not only that, they gathered together their whole combined armies in hopes to destroy God. These people are thoroughly unrepentant. They did not stop killing the Christians, they did stop doing evil atrocities against them, inspite of God's warnings through his end time prophets.

So, what would you do to this incorrigible people? You destroy them out of existence. Murderous and evil people do not deserve to live.

Since they did not repent and accept Jesus Christ in order to be saved, they will be judged according to the law and the law says that the penalty of sin is death.

[edit on 6/21/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Who knows. Some of us are singing a new song.

quantumunderground.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

The number 144,000 is being used figuratively...too symbolize many.....And for the record we are all God's children the chosen ones! He chose all of us but the question is will we choose Him? For those that do choose Him we recognize how efffed up we are as people and hell yes I need a Savior.....there are the hypocrites that criticize and judge and condemn....Then there are the Christ followers that recognize how bad they need forgiveness not just today but everyday.....and those that recognize we can't buy our way into heaven by our good works.....Just like me the gift of Salvation or to live eternally has been given to you...it's your inheritance and your right of passage...given because He loves you...It is up to you if you choose to accept the gift....

Pax

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: amitheone

I'm sorry but i think you are a little confused.....In the Old testament Gods laws were made so that no man could keep them ever...Christ arrived in the New testament which i'm sure you know, but he did not come to abolish the law He cam to fulfill it..In other words since it was impossible for any man to keep the laws and God loved us all so much He wanted a way that we could be with Him....So he sent His perfect son to die in our place so we would be able to stand in the presence of God....

Since the time of Adam and Eve we, all humans were born into sin...The world our earth is sinful. There would be no way for our sinful nature to commune with God without Christ Jesus.....He chose all of us and like I said it is up to us whether or not we choose Him....

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join