Are you ONE of the 144,000?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Revelation....

How many faithful servants of god await god's wrath and cleansing of the Earth? Hmm? How many believe that they are one of the 144, 000 ?
Who is feeling confident?

The irony here is that the bible teaches us not to condemn! Nor kill? Love thine enemies? What a contradiction!

I am only left to visualise all of these righteous people sitting on a cloud pointing down at the Earth whilst it and all of the unclean corrupt humans feel the wrath of god and say "Look at all those unworthy corrupt evil beings!" "See how worthy and righteous I am!!!!!

I think the only evil here is the person who is completely ok with others being murdered by their god.

We are not supposed to kill or condemn others but it is okay for our religion to?

How can you as religious people subscribe to this way of thinking? Allow this prophecy unconsciously, consciously to manifest?

Who can justify the killing off of humanity and the Earth?

If you think you are worthy and feel confident you would be one of the chosen 144, 000, could you stand before your god and say... "yes, wipe it, clean the slate right now?"

If you feel worthy, then you had better be prepared to be the executioner also.

oh and if god, before the murder and rape of the planet is committed, came to you and said "stand by, armageddon is nigh", would you say,

"No thanks! Shove your murderous campaign where the sun don't shine?" Or would you say, "oh yippeee, can't wait!!???"

[edit on 15-3-2007 by NJE777]

[edit on 15-3-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
If you think you are worthy and feel confident you would be one of the chosen 144, 000, could you stand before your god and say... "yes, wipe it, clean the slate right now?"

Although i am far from worthy yet feel totally confident in God's love for me, AS IS....

I would say:

YES!
Wipe the slate clean!
Remember not the past...remember not the sins...

Not killing men...killing guilt...shame....regret...hate!

Done is done!
Happily ever after!

e/a

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In that body of Christ, being the 144000 - I am the left nut.

There is but one body with many parts and some parts are for noble purposes and some that are hidden away and shunned. Nonetheless, all the parts make the body. I just happen to be the one part that you really don't want to consider one of the better parts of the body.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Revelation....

I think the only evil here is the person who is completely ok with others being murdered by their god.

We are not supposed to kill or condemn others but it is okay for our religion to?

How can you as religious people subscribe to this way of thinking? Allow this prophecy unconsciously, consciously to manifest?

God isn't going to "murder" anyone. I think people take the bible too literally and do not consider the fact that much was written a few thousand years ago and does not hold much literal meaning.

Also, what amazes me are all those (and i am not referring to you NJE777 - i am generalizing; which isn't always a good thing, however) that do not believe in God but yet curse him when things go wrong and b1tch and moan about the end of the world and how God punishes people etc. Please people, make up your minds, either you believe he exists or you don't.

The bible also says that he is a just God. He has mercy - he will not "murder" the people in the world but what he will do is ensure those that believe and are repentant get eternal life - their souls will live on. You will not go to hell, you will "die" in spirit. Whether your body dies or not this does not mean YOU, as a soul, will "die". Unless of course you are not worth saving and have such a bad track record that you do not get eternal life. God has so much mercy that he will not put you in "Hell" where your loved ones can see you burning and suffering - how much mercy is that for them? Not much.

So, God will not do the killing - according to the what is told of our final days, it will be evil that does the killing and God will come and claim the righteous and those that deserve to "live" on and rid the world of evil. I don't see how this constitutes God murdering anyone. Hell (excuse the pun) if one is a murderer and rapist then prepare yourself for damnation, but God won't do the killing or torture - evil will see to that - What God WILL do is save those worth saving and based on the above, the earth will experience serious hardship and there will be lots of death and dying and suffering before he comes - and i would assume it would perhaps reach a point where only 144,000 are left and are worth saving. This is how I see it. The souls that are not on earth at the time will be in "heaven" waiting a new earth (IMO) and those souls TOO would have been worth saving or they would have "died" and they will also populate a new world.

Imagine the bible teachings then! I am not a bible pusher etc etc but just look at the logic (if any) around teachings and possibility. Hell is a human invention and put in the bible to scare us. But again, God is merciful and he would NOT create a place where HIS creation (us) would suffer for eternity. Just won't happen. BUT - we can die - not in body but spirit.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
In that body of Christ, being the 144000 - I am the left nut.

Thank God, Ben!

It is TERRIBLY hard to get pregnant with only ONE NUT!

I just happen to be the one part that you really don't want to consider one of the better parts of the body.

I think you are GREAT! Parts is parts, after all!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I think you are GREAT! Parts is parts, after all!

Reese's pieces

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Revelation....

How many faithful servants of god await god's wrath and cleansing of the Earth?

Anyone who is needs to dissect himself and see just how deserving of GOD's wrath he is also.

Hmm? How many believe that they are one of the 144, 000 ?

There's no way to know exactly. They would be one of 12,000 out of one of the 12 tribes of Jacob. A few of the lines as I understand only GOD would know the precise genetics.

The irony here is that the bible teaches us not to condemn! Nor kill? Love thine enemies? What a contradiction!

Yea, because how can we? We ourselves are condemned, how can we point a finger? Right yet we are all murderers. Yes because if you return love in the place of hate, you do more damage than if you were to beat them to a pulp.

There's no contradictions.

I am only left to visualise all of these righteous people sitting on a cloud pointing down at the Earth whilst it and all of the unclean corrupt humans feel the wrath of god and say "Look at all those unworthy corrupt evil beings!" "See how worthy and righteous I am!!!!!

There won't be any righteous people there. There is none righteous but GOD.

You don't understand the definition of murder. All are dead. We killed ourselves. The only life is in Jesus Christ.

Religion has nothing to do with anything.

Who cares who subscribes to anything, it's gonna happen no matter who fulfills it or tries to stand in it's way.

Humanity killed itself. Humanity is to blame, not GOD, religion or anything else.

I would rather not myself, but if GOD wanted me to, what choice would I have? Being one of those sealed would mean, I'd have to be here another nearly a thousand years in a mortal body after going through the worst 7 years in history.

Or however many years my body would live under the new environmental conditions.

If you feel worthy, then you had better be prepared to be the executioner also.

He who loves his life will lose it.

oh and if god, before the murder and rape of the planet is committed, came to you and said "stand by, armageddon is nigh", would you say,

"No thanks! Shove your murderous campaign where the sun don't shine?" Or would you say, "oh yippeee, can't wait!!???"

Will be nice to see satan bound, but not those that he's drug down with him.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nope, I'm gonna be burning in Hell, it isn't eternal, the other book of Revelations says that. Besides, how could God let us all go there, we are part of God, and God loves all of us, so in away, God would be sending God to Hell if God sends us to Hell.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, not me obviously. I'm off to the Hell I so richly deserve, apparently.

Alot of good people who thought they were doing the "Right Thing" are going to be awfully disappointed.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
So, God will not do the killing - according to the what is told of our final days, it will be evil that does the killing and God will come and claim the righteous and those that deserve to "live" on and rid the world of evil.

Can you define what evil is?

Religious ideology is the cause of war. Religion justifies the evils of war based on a belief system. Man does all the killing for god.

It seems quite logical, if there are only 144, 000 people redeemed out of the entire population of the globe, a lot of people are in for a shock.

I just wonder what is the selection criteria?

Most truly believe that they are saved because 'they believe in Jesus Christ'. Obviously, that isnt enough. There must be millions and millions of christian people and other religious affiliates on the globe but only
144, 000 will be saved?

What God WILL do is save those worth saving and based on the above, the earth will experience serious hardship and there will be lots of death and dying and suffering before he comes - and i would assume it would perhaps reach a point where only 144,000 are left and are worth saving.

Yes, perhaps. But, I wonder what causes the serious hardship and lots of death and suffering before he comes? It wouldn't have anything to do with humans perpetuating the war mentality by any chance? There is a lot of death and suffering all over the world right now, Iraq comes to mind. But that has nothing to do with religion, does it?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

There's no way to know exactly. They would be one of 12,000 out of one of the 12 tribes of Jacob. A few of the lines as I understand only GOD would know the precise genetics.

So, genetics it appears is a mitigating factor in the selection criteria. Perhaps its the only criteria. Seems to narrow it down quite a bit.

We ourselves are condemned, how can we point a finger? Right yet we are all murderers. Yes because if you return love in the place of hate, you do more damage than if you were to beat them to a pulp.

I agree completely with your first part of the sentence, however you lost me on the last suggestion.

You don't understand the definition of murder. All are dead. We killed ourselves. The only life is in Jesus Christ.

What is your life now? Are you a ghost? If you pinch yourself you are alive. You are not dead. Your even a member at ATS and you have just responded to a thread. You believe you are dead and given life through Jesus Christ. Fact, your Father and Mother had sexual intercourse and you were conceived. If your parents had not have had sex, then perhaps you would never have been born and so, perhaps and we don't know for sure, you may still be living inside your Dad's semen. Perhaps thats another world? Maybe there is a planet and it is called the planet Semen and all men live there swimming around and maybe there is even another planet called Ovary and all the women are hanging around waiting for a good looking semen?

Religion has nothing to do with anything.

lol oh wow, that is denial

Who cares who subscribes to anything, it's gonna happen no matter who fulfills it or tries to stand in it's way.

You sound complacent and maybe even a little defeated. You have decided that Revelation is going to happen regardless. Perhaps this is the complete social reality of Revelation? We can't do anything but just sit back and let it happen'????

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think your a little confused here. It seems to me your thinking 144,000 period. That is so wrong. First these passages in Revelation chapter 7 starts off talking about the Jews. The 12 tribes of Israel. Then it talks about the rest of us. No number there, so many we cannot be numbered.

KJV--Revelation chapter 7

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Then a very important part. The rest of us. So many it cannot be numbered.

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; .....

bibleresources.bible.com...

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I think your a little confused here. It seems to me your thinking a 144,000 period. That is so wrong. First these passages in Revelation chapter 7 starts off talking about the Jews. The 12 tribes of Israel. So Then it talks about the rest of us. No number there, so many we cannot be numbered.

Then a very important part. The rest of us. So many it cannot be numbered.

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; .....

Thats so refreshing. The tribes of Israel = 144, 000. And the rest of the globe = multitude that cannot be counted.

lol not many from Israel, eh?

Thank you for inserting that bit, did see that, but I was under the impression they were gathered ready for battle at Mt Zion and not redeemed.
Well, redeemed to serve a purpose....

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

think of It as a divine Chemo-Therapy treatment!

just like in todays medicine, in certain situations the patients whole body
must be 'poisoned' to rid it of the corrupt cancer thats infected every system of the body.

at least thats how i see the endtimes' thunders, bowls, vials, wraths, judgements, etc

<

but to clarify on part of the above 'Quote'

I'm certainly not one of the 144K,

because that Group (from among the Jews & the other 10 'Lost Tribes')
are a bunch of evangelizing preacher type believers

whose mission is for the final 42 months, to preach & prophecie
about the final plagues & wraths to be unleashed on the globe.

that group of 144K plus the TWO Witnesses are the invading
host of Angels human messengers, in a last ditch attempt to
try & save (spiritually speaking) non-believers.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It seems quite logical, if there are only 144, 000 people redeemed out of the entire population of the globe, a lot of people are in for a shock.

This 144,000 thing is a common misquote by those that have not read the Bible, or more specifically have not read the entire book of Revelations. It is commonly misquoted by those who hate Christianity to try and show God as being unfair in some way.

For what the 144,000 means correctly lets look at the verse in context of the two places it is in Revelations:

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

So these are Jews, Christian Jews, what we call the first fruits…
There is a bit more about them as well.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

So they are even more specifically Jewish male virgins and Christians…

But they are not the only ones that make it into heaven, gentiles fall under an entirely different grouping if you read all of revelations 7 in context:

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Therefore, this is your gentile Christians, non-virgin Jewish Christians, and others...

It certainly would be nice if the Christian haters, who try and pick on Christianity, would at least learn the read the book they quote from, rather then just repeating something they have heard from someone else.

Edit to add:
I see that Shar beat me to the correct answer…

[edit on 3/16/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

think of It as a divine Chemo-Therapy treatment!

just like in todays medicine, in certain situations the patients whole body
must be 'poisoned' to rid it of the corrupt cancer thats infected every system of the body.

at least thats how i see the endtimes' thunders, bowls, vials, wraths, judgements, etc

If the prophecy is true, then that is a nice way to think of it. But, I have such a problem with it. Chemo has shocking effects and generally the person doesnt survive the treatment.

What about the holistic approach? Why, if the prophecy is true, then why oh why can't another remedy be tried?

I just don't think wiping the entire planet of 'cancerous' people, nature and all animal life can be justified.

I sometimes feel, that people almost want it to happen. They will it, well perhaps people could will it by actively pursuing another course of action?
It is as if, people go, yeah thats evil, but its ok god is gonna fix it up and I don't have to do anything!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

It certainly would be nice if the Christian haters, who try and pick on Christianity, would at least learn the read the book they quote from, rather then just repeating something they have heard from someone else.

For your information, I have read the Bible, I have had it rammed down my throat as a child. I have read it numerous times and I have a problem with some of the scripture I have read. It doesnt sit at all well with me.

I have also had numerous experiences that I also question with regard to my beliefs and 'protection'. I am not a christian hater. So don't label or suggest I am just dissing christianity.

Why is it, that people only see what they want to see? When there is killing and the justification of death on a mass scale, or sacrificing etc humans or those that believe say "Its all good!" "There is nothing at all flawed with the belief"?

Don't suggest that I am dissing it. You don't know the first thing about me.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I just don't think wiping the entire planet of 'cancerous' people, nature and all animal life can be justified.

Personally, I feel that none of this is going to happen till after the tribulation.

The tribulation a time so awful think about it a time when we won't even be able to eat. A time when we cannot buy or sell. A time when we cannot go into a store. A time so awful so bad that this is the only way.

To me these chips are bringing us closer and closer to this time period. When they make it mandatory to have this chip in your hand or you can't eat then you know were there. Again, the Bible was written thousands of years ago and it's unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Revelation 7

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

bibleresources.bible.com...

Revelation chapter 13.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

<

but to clarify on part of the above 'Quote'

I'm certainly not one of the 144K,

because that Group (from among the Jews & the other 10 'Lost Tribes')
are a bunch of evangelizing preacher type believers

whose mission is for the final 42 months, to preach & prophecie
about the final plagues & wraths to be unleashed on the globe.

that group of 144K plus the TWO Witnesses are the invading
host of Angels human messengers, in a last ditch attempt to
try & save (spiritually speaking) non-believers.

I am not one of the 144, 000 either. I would fit into the category of the gentiles and I revoke my membership. I don't like the war, killing, sacrificing, the racial, cultural distinctions throughout the bible. Nor do I like to be used by god.

Wow, your last sentence is amazing because I was a believer, I had a blind faith and now, I reject it. I don't believe anyone deserves to die, regardless. I won't be used and abused by god. I don't agree with the agenda so I actively work the alternatives. And is that evil? Probably, would be considered an athiest, because I don't like much of what I am reading.

Revelation contradicts the Christ's teachings about loving one another, imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

To me these chips are bringing us closer and closer to this time period. When they make it mandatory to have this chip in your hand or you can't eat then you know were there. Again, the Bible was written thousands of years ago and it's unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Hi Shar and I sincerely thank you for your info before. Revelation does appear to be unfolding before our eyes... have you ever considered it is happening because people are allowing it to happen, manifesting it because they believe it?

I am starting to feel that is the case. Many people just hand there power over to the source and they accept it.

I cry when I drive down the freeway and see a dead koala thats been hit by a car. I value all life, all species and I cannot embrace this outcome.

I feel that people have accepted this resolution without really trying to change the way things are going? Can't humanity keep trying to overcome in other ways?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join