It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Diseases

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is it possible that if they have some form of disease/bacteria to pass on to us, that it might force our bodies to mutate in some way? (beneficial or deadly).

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Is it possible that if they have some form of disease/bacteria to pass on to us, that it might force our bodies to mutate in some way? (beneficial or deadly).

Most like deadly I guess. Several kinds of virus can mutate our DNA but, unfortunatelly, they're bad for our system.
But well, who knows, maybe their virus structure is different than ours and it can "unlock secrets from our Junk-DNA"

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

hmmm perhaps this is what is supposed to be meant by 2012? lol... IF you think somethings gonna happen then... lol...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin

Most like deadly I guess. Several kinds of virus can mutate our DNA but, unfortunatelly, they're bad for our system.
But well, who knows, maybe their virus structure is different than ours and it can "unlock secrets from our Junk-DNA"

This is such a horrible example.. after all,... movies are not real life, but I was just thinking about all the Sci-Fi movies where you have those humanoid "aliens",... the ones with two heads, or four arms,.. or rock-textured skin, etc. etc. I wonder if alien bacteria would be able to do that to yet unborn children by infecting their mothers for instance. It's a senseless question to ask. Obviously the answers are not going to be found here,.... but maybe that explanation might work for someone writing a Sci-Fi story.
Your idea that it might unlock secrets of our Junk-DNA might be a good addition to that.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by 2manyquestions]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah, my fault, I was just joking.
But fortunatelly it's proved that some virus can change our DNA strutcture, that's a fact.

Take care.
[]s

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
Yeah, my fault, I was just joking.
But fortunatelly it's proved that some virus can change our DNA strutcture, that's a fact.

Take care.
[]s

You didn't do/say anything wrong. That's very interesting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join