It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Diseases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
hmmm ... so anyways.. ive been thinking...

is it ppssible that if we DO come in contact with the so called "ET Aliens" isnt it possible that they may contain diseases that our planet may not present to us? kinda like when the europeans were exploring the "New World"???

just a thought and i would like to know what you people have to think.... are they too intelligent?
do they have cures..?
whatever.. lol.. i just want to see what you people got to say about this!!!

Nip

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i think the disease trade would go both wayz

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I dont know maybe, since there is a chance that greys live underground (note large eyes, pale skin, slits as noses) they could give us some kind of disease

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It is somehting that is not generallythought about, simply because it is
currently not important, since there are no aliens visiting.

However, if they are roughly around our level, that is they are only
about 50-100 years ahead of us technology wise, therenwould most
likely be a period where biology and such was researched and com-
pared, to see what, if any diseases may be transmittable.

If they are centureis or more ahead of us technology wise, they may
not even have to worry about that, though I doubt that.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
but shouldnt it be important?

if the aliens are immune to a disease they may carry they may not have Antidotes for those diseases....

but with the increased of "UFO sightings" (yes they ARE UFO's just cuz we dont know what they are... lol...) but ya... if we are close to knowing the truth (like some people think) shouldnt we take the proper precautions?

i know we wouldnt want 1,000s of people dying...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It all depends if we are genetically related to them or not.
If not, then nope. Minimal risk.

If they are from our own cleaner, disease free future, then maybe they have more to fear from us then we do from them.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This question is almost as silly and ill thought out as "do you think we can beat aliens in a fight?" If they can travel between stars then im pretty confident they can cure any diseases we have and they are able ensure that they dont release any foreign bacteria into our environment.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by surf911
This question is almost as silly and ill thought out as "do you think we can beat aliens in a fight?" If they can travel between stars then im pretty confident they can cure any diseases we have and they are able ensure that they dont release any foreign bacteria into our environment.

Not really, I mean just because a species develops interstellar travel
capabilities, does'nt mean they can cure all disease and such.

I mean look at it this way, if we developed a Hyerdrive in the next few
decades, we would be capable of crossing interstellar distances, but we
would'nt be able to cure all the diseases that exist on Earth, and without
a highly complete knowledgeof another species, we would'nt know what
disease they could transfer to us.

I mean just because a disease has been made dormant in one culture,
if you come into contact with a culture that has never had contact with it,
it has a good chance of becoming active in the new culture.

Nip

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I like the idea of things going both ways...unless they keep themselves in quarantine rooms for three weeks like the Armstrong and Aldrin and Co.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
going both ways is a very good possibility.....

could that be why their are so many "abductions''?

may the ET's be studying what kind of impact their prescence would be on us in a biological sense?

suppose they "abduct" somone that has a disease, they could extract what causes the DNA and try to find out what may happen to them?

hmm... may they be afraid to show themselves now because of the high risk of transer of disease? lol could be why they havnt just Announced it to everyone... lmao

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Definitely diseases would trade off both ways.

I never thought of it in the way that an "alien" disease could in fact be used as some sort of proof of visitation.

Not exactly fun proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Definitely diseases would trade off both ways.

I never thought of it in the way that an "alien" disease could in fact be used as some sort of proof of visitation.

Not exactly fun proof.

What if it's a disease that while may be bad for them, effects the pleasure
center of the brain, and makes you in essence feel an orgasm every twenty minutes?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
well, there's another sideroad down this path to consider...

IF the Aliens are the ones that made our DNA in the first place, then I'm pretty sure they would know what would affect us, annd what would affect them.

Assuming that is the case, the status quo would then be in the aliens favor, and they could either keep diseases from us, or intentionaly give us some bug.

BIG IFs - but a valid point nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There are people who believe that HIV/AIDS is a virus originally given to us and monkeys. They also beleive other deseases may be from aliens. The HIV/AIDS theory might ba true as no one has been able to work out its origins.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is predicted that if the aliens have been around long enough to establish space travel they would have already destroyed every know virus that effects them. That the ships they travel on are "clean ships" sort of like the clean rooms used when making computer chips. This is so they do not pick up anything while traveling through space. Therefore they should be afraid of our viruses and diseases. The alien interview video shows the alien in a clean box because apparently their respiratory system does not function well in our atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this hypothetical transference of disease from aliens is a good question, but are these aliens genetically compatible with us in the first place? it is possible that they might not even be carbon-based at all. just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Grey's have the cures for all known VIRUSES and when I was little I was told that All diseases can be cured from the root's of plants.

I have been shown symbols for Cancer and Aids and I believe I have been programmed with these Cures. The problem is I don't think these are meant to be known until it is time and I was told when it was time I would know. You don't know how many times I wished and preyed it was time.

I just read a thread by Gooey (*personal info removed by admin*) and I am so upset that I can't do anything for him.

From the time I read Gooey's thread I have realized I have a great instant dislike for these beings for using me and not allowing me to to help Gooey and all the other Gooey's out there.

I do not have monies for a hypnotist and I don't think they would ever be able to unlock anything. I believe these beings have to do this.

I am going to prey with everything within me and I hope all of you even if you never preyed before to just do it, DO IT FOR GOOEY and all the other Gooey's on this planet.

Remember it doesn't cost anything to prey (prey in your own way if you don't believe in God just prey to thin air)

This I ask of all my family member here at ATS

[edit on Wed, Apr 1st 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
there immune systems are pretty much perfect and nothin on our planet could possible effect them.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sure, and it's quite possible to happen (if they exist or course).
Take a history book and research about the Spanish domination of the Native Americans. Beside the wars and butchery, the diseases brought by the Spanish helped them a LOT to defeat and conquer the natives.

So, we have this sort of event actually happening with humans in the past and it's very likely to happen if some sort of event happen with Extra-terrestrial contact (with no precautions).

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
just like Sad Lil Alex said the europeans had diseases that the new world didnt and vice versa. and if diseases from this planet killed as many people as it did imagine how many many people and aliens would get killed from the planetary exchange of diseases.

<<   2 >>

join