It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Rods??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure how exactly I arrived at Rainbow Rods, but has anyone seen these photos?

Rainbow Rods

I remember that long ago (probably sometime in the 90s) I watched something on TV about this phenomenon, but haven't seen it mentioned since. The film showed a bunch of rod-like things flying at high speed through the air, between electrical wires. I wanted to post a different, better link, but for some reason it now requires that I register. The photos in the above link are some of the same ones offered in the other link.
Anything new on these "creatures"? Has it been debunked? ARE they simply known insects captured on camera?

There's a website called Roswell Rods. I don't know what that's all about. I imagine they try to connect ETs with rods...... my best guess is that either they're not real, or they are biological critters swimming through the air.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Whoa, that's pretty cool, the pics are pretty bad quality though, it kinda just looks like the pictures of the rainbow rods are just bad glare from the sun.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Those rods don't look rainbow at all. They don't contain any red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet at all. They look like regular ol' white rods. Besides, the concept of rods have been debunked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You can find a dozen threads on ATS relating to rods, each one getting debunked. Here's a good one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
TheB1ueSoldier,...

Thanks for the link.
I titled the thread as "rainbow rods" because that's what the people with the photos were calling them. I wasn't sure why this was the case either.
By the way, your avatar pic is great.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
....Besides, the concept of rods have been debunked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You can find a dozen threads on ATS relating to rods, each one getting debunked. Here's a good one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yeah. And over and over and over and over again.

Nip

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
this is the first time I've ever heard of rainbow rods...that is really neat

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WTF is a rainbow rod???

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A rainbow rod is a long lollipop you can buy at carnivals. A rainbow rod could also be something you buy at a "toy" store. Hmmm...intresting isn't it???

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
A rainbow rod is a long lollipop you can buy at carnivals. A rainbow rod could also be something you buy at a "toy" store. Hmmm...intresting isn't it???

OMG that is so funny!!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How is those rainbow colored?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
TheB1ueSoldier,...

Thanks for the link.
I titled the thread as "rainbow rods" because that's what the people with the photos were calling them. I wasn't sure why this was the case either.

Thank you, I see you're a fan of tetris. Your artwork is also very interesting. I especially like the one entitled "The Warrior, A Tribute." Creative background

[edit on 3/17/2007 by TheB1ueSoldier]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
TheB1ueSoldier,...

Thanks for the link.

Thank you, I see you're a fan of tetris. Your artwork is also very interesting. I especially like the one entitled "The Warrior, A Tribute." Creative background

[edit on 3/17/2007 by TheB1ueSoldier]

I've played tetris many times, and have had THAT happen before.

I'm glad you enjoyed my work.
That particular piece of mine seems to be one of the more popular ones. Wish I had done a better job with it!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think I saw that thing on tv years ago. They showed a little mexican boy playing guitar, with the rods flying around him (home movies in mexico). Also a vertical cave with hundreds, maybe thousands flying inside. Pretty crazy stuff...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's been debunked. Read about it here:

www.amsky.com...

This is a picture of cars in motion on a highway with slowed shutter speed. They're moving in a straight line, so the trails they leave are straight.

However, different insects have different wing patterns, so they won't appear straight, thus giving it a more UFO-ish appeal, I guess!!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.
Although I agree with you about the lower picture being an insect(s) at a slightly longer exposure,.... or maybe just because of the speed of the insect, the photos I was looking at didn't look like this. That's the only reason I was confused as to what that might be. Of course maybe the photo I saw was of an insect with a different wing beat pattern,... to be honest I don't know.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
in this video i think i have rods.it is in a house in the uk.i am a paranormal investigator( the people in the house wasn't thinking they had rods.)they set up the video one night to see if they recorded anything strange(as strange things were going on at the time).ive tried to get the best of the vidoe i can and put it into clips for you.i hope you like and can shed some light onto the matter.as you can see it flys in front then seems to fly around then across to the left of the screen futher back in the room

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by rikgrimsby]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In all honesty, it looks like a bug flying around in there. Maybe there was something done to the camera, like exposure or something (I'm not too hot on video equipment) but this looks like the blurring movement of a bug. If they gave you the video footage, I may be even bold enough to say it's fudged, as this could have been dropped in after the footage was filmed. The whole 'rods' thing has pretty much been figured out, as I am sure the other responses on this thread would have led you to believe. Keep up the search though!

top topics

join