It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beagle 2 and other probes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If we believe some of the stories that NASA are telling porkies about Mars was the Beagle 2 Mission doomed to failure, was it taken out by NASA? If NASA is hiding secrets the last thing it will want is someone else poking their nose in and telling the truth about Mars, the Moon or anywhere else.

Space exploration is percieved as a mainly American issue but with more and more countries getting involved in space technology and exploration how much longer can NASA hold out.

jra

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
If we believe some of the stories that NASA are telling porkies about Mars was the Beagle 2 Mission doomed to failure, was it taken out by NASA? If NASA is hiding secrets the last thing it will want is someone else poking their nose in and telling the truth about Mars, the Moon or anywhere else.

Why and how would NASA take out the UK's Beagle 2 lander? What about the ESA's Mars Express that the Beagle 2 hitched a ride on? It's still operating in Martian orbit and its mission has been extended till 2009.

The Russians have also sent probes to Mars as well. They have more planned for the future to Mars and other planets, as does the ESA.

If NASA were hiding anything. It would have been found out a long time ago.

Space exploration is percieved as a mainly American issue but with more and more countries getting involved in space technology and exploration how much longer can NASA hold out.

I don't really perceive is as being mainly American, but maybe that's just me. They are probably the most active, but the ESA and the RSA are right up there too in my opinion.

I don't know what you mean by how much longer NASA can hold out though. Unless you're assuming they have something to hide, which I don't believe. If anything, the more Countries that get into space exploration, the better for NASA. It would probably get the US Gov't to keep the funding at a reasonable level.

new topics

join