It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or something else? *PICTURE*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
somersetcountygazette.co.uk

STRANGE lights in the night sky have prompted readers of the Somerset County Gazette to question the existence of UFOs.

At about 10pm on Monday night, sightings of a strange glow in the sky was reported by Fay Boyd of Kingston St Mary, Richard Fowle of Cheddon Road in Taunton, and his son Edward.

Mrs Boyd told the County Gazette: "There was a long vertical light, it was not a star but I have no explanation for it.

"As far as I can tell it didn't stay there very long, I don't normally believe in the paranormal but it was very strange."

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by sanctum]

8th

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, I'd say thats around a 10 second exposure, and it just looks to me like they caught a meteoroid. Who knows though.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Looks like a flood light pointing up through some low clouds if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No UFO there, but maybe an entity of some kind. Who knows? Anyhow good find there!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It looks similar to the aroraborealis to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm going to agree with the spotlight idea.
We used to shine the spotlight at the marina vertically all the time during storms to home wayward ships towards safe haven. Looks almost identical.

None of the other marina's seemed to bother doing it though, which is stupid, it was such a great idea. They just used standard signal lights, flashing and what not... a huge line in the sky is much easier to see... like a freaking arrow pointing at the marina. You'd have to be a moron not to head towards it during a storm at night.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
To me its a meteorite taken with a pretty decent camera with a slow exposure time thus blurring it's descent like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Its not an alien. Aliens dont exist. Roswell is nothing more than a hot air ballon. Area 51 does not hide alien technology.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I live in london ontario and saw these shafts of light over the city there was at least 20 of them and they were not spotlights , the light never touched the ground it started below the cloudline on a pretty cloudless night, the beams were not broken by passing clouds. I also read somewhere there were more people that saw this in Chatham a nearby town. Considering the fact that this happened in more than 1 place around the same time is quite interesting. I am posting in the hopes that more people will share thier experiences , films and photos.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No one else remember this night? I have found next to nothing , only one obscure post on a random site saying there was a mass siting of these beams in windsor. Sorry for bumping last time I swear , the part that really bothers me is that I filmed it with my wife outside for like 20 mins, we looked at the disc later and apparently I only recorded like 15 secs of footage. I'm not a moron there was plenty of space on the disc and I was recording and chatting /w my wife about them. So I kinda doubt my sanity a bit cause I swear I was recording!

I then called my father who live 20 mins outside of town and he could see them clearly over the city from his house. So please understand why this bothers me a bit, closure isn't something I imagine I'll find but it would be nice to know that more people saw these things.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Just search google images for "light pillers" and you'll know the answer.
Now you can sleep well at night.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think I agree with rocksolidbrain on this one, if thats not what it is I'd say it's a spotlight.

Originally posted by ______
Its not an alien. Aliens dont exist. Roswell is nothing more than a hot air ballon. Area 51 does not hide alien technology.

That was a great contribution to the thread, good to see your banned.

join