It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think US law is a language in itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Do you think law is a language in itself?
I just came to realize here in the USA it seems that the reason we need lawyers is because they speak the language of law so it seems lawers are more like translators because they were able to pay for the knowledge or more important access to this language, so that brings the question as to why the laws are not in plain English or lay mens terms and free and easy to access, I guess I am saying it is simply another form of control, ever try finding something easy at firstgov.gov or your states web site? anyone see the scam here or disagree? no response is wrong but I do have a strong opinion.

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
yeah if everyone was an expert on law issues there would be no need for lawyers... of course if everyone were an expert on medicines...no need for doctors and so on

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I agree, definitely when it comes to doctors and we can only imagine the scams when it comes to the medical industry, another consideration that can have significant effects on individuals and has been for centuries.

I guess the main thing is we should not have to be experts at all, it should be free and common knowledge, but I guess lawyers and doctors are "free" to keep the scam going.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by timedrifter]

join