It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Gun laws for NYC Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Are our 2nd amendment rights to bare arms being controlled and infact taken away?

watch this video and let me know what you think ?

Video Link : www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
the assault on the 2nd is old news. In fact, the main reason that gun owners are seen as paranoid and anti-government, is the fact that the assault on the 2nd far out dates any of the other blatant attempts to take constitutional rights. Gun owners have been fighting the good fight for decades, and through constant vigilance and struggle, have so far managed to hold back the tide of tyranny. The battle for our rights is going down hill though, and its time that ALL Americans stand up for what is granted in the Constitution.

You can start by giving back to the Firearms community that has been so vigilante and supportive over the years by contacting your representatives and telling them to vote NO to H.R. 1022. This bill is more than an "Assault Weapons Ban", it is a structure for the ban and seizure of ALL FIREARMS IN THE USA. Do your part and oppose this bill and spread awareness.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have no problem with the Assault Weapons Ban because I do not see the point in a private citizen owning weapons that are solely designed for taking human life. AW's are the weapons of soldiers not private citizens, but since I do not believe some great societal clash in the U.S. or elsewhere is coming where the people will need these, I am sure I will be derided for this.

That being said, I absolutely am aghast how many in Congress and in the public at large are willing to give up their second amendment rights.

I live in Washington, D.C. which has one of the highest crime rates in the nation yet the private ownership of a firearm purchased after some arbitrary year in the 1970's is illegal. I can see the fear that authorities would have of rampant gun ownership in the capitol of the U.S. but these criminals only have to cross the Potomac into Virginia to purchase a firearm in a state with some of the most lax gun laws in the nation. They can use these with virtually no fear that whatever honest decent person they intend to burgle or rob has no means of defending themselves inside their own home.

I am originally from Texas, and trust me the fear of potentially staring down the barrel of a 20 gauge shotgun hidden under the bed when they break into a home is enough to keep the crime rates much lower.

I know that seems like a contradiction, I am all for the second amendment and the right to bear arms in order to defend ones self and family, yet against the owning of Assault Weapons. Yet a shotgun in the hands of virtually anyone in an enclosed area is enough to ensure your families safety, and a pistol in the hands of someone that is trained and capable of using one is plenty enough in my mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have to agree with Bapho here. What does the average American citizen need an assault weapon for? Nothing besides crime.

We can look back at the 1920s as a perfect example of this. The only people running around with assault weapons were the gangsters to commit crimes. It was not until WW2 that assault weapons really made an appearance for anything other than crime.

However, criminals are going to be able to get their hands on assault weapons no matter what.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I have no problem with the Assault Weapons Ban because I do not see the point in a private citizen owning weapons that are solely designed for taking human life. AW's are the weapons of soldiers not private citizens,

The second amendment is about the protection of liberty against tyranny. This means that private citizens ARE soldiers.

I have to agree with Bapho here. What does the average American citizen need an assault weapon for? Nothing besides crime.

The first Assault Weapon Ban did absolutely nothing to reduce crime, but did cause more hardships for for Law Abiding Gun Owners. The DC Sniper used a AR15 rifle during the ban that was considered contraband, the numerous school shootings including Columbine also happened during the ban.

If you want an idea on how well gun laws work, take a look at LA. California has the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet the crime rate there is ridiculous. Compare that to the violent crime rate of gun-friendly Nevada,(and Nevada has Vegas!) Or Great Britain, where the populace is almost completely disarmed, and violent crime is on a steady rise.

The Ban has been dropped since 2004 and so far I have yet to see any rise in crime due to all the "Evil Assault Rifles" flooding the streets.
Maybe these Rifles are not the problem. Maybe, just maybe, they are not the horrendous killing machines that the entertainment industry wants you to think they are. Examples show again and again that these "Assault" rifles and their availability to the public does not effect crime levels. Yet people still seem to think that they are dangerous because they look like weapons they see on Movies where the bad guys kill massive amounts of innocent bystanders.

The world is a lot different than it was in the 20's. Automatics were still new. And only police depts. had them. The reason you see pics of the old Gansters with Tommy guns is because they stole them from the (at that time) poorly guarded armouries and stations. The fact is, that the role of the automatic weapon in the 1920's Ganster community has been widely overblown in movies and Dick Tracy comics.
The most commonly used weapon was the 12 gauge.

As far as WHY does the average American citizen need an assault weapon? There is the obvious argument of a well armed public and the threat of tyranny, but that aside. Many people like to own sports cars, when an economy car would do just fine. It may be argued that a sports car serves no real purpose, other than to commit crime(speeding), but the simple truth is that they are fun, and many people enjoy them in legal ways. This is the same with high capacity semi-automatic rifles. Some people collect them because of their resemblance to military rifles, others take them out to competitions. People enjoy them. And that should be all the justification they need.

I could spend ALL DAY defending the 2nd amendment and explaining how they don't pose the threat people think they do. But it would be much easier to simply ask that people try to look at the issue with a clear head, not with media induced fear or prejudice.

edited for spelling

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The first Assault Weapon Ban did absolutely nothing to reduce crime

I never said it reduced crime. I stated that the average American doesn't need an assault weapon unless they intend to use it for a crime.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I never said it reduced crime. I stated that the average American doesn't need an assault weapon unless they intend to use it for a crime.

Fair enough. I did kinda put words into your mouth there. Sorry. However, on this point I would like to draw your attention to this part of my post.

As far as WHY does the average American citizen need an assault weapon? There is the obvious argument of a well armed public and the threat of tyranny, but that aside. Many people like to own sports cars, when an economy car would do just fine. It may be argued that a sports car serves no real purpose, other than to commit crime(speeding), but the simple truth is that they are fun, and many people enjoy them in legal ways. This is the same with high capacity semi-automatic rifles. Some people collect them because of their resemblance to military rifles, others take them out to competitions. People enjoy them. And that should be all the justification they need.

The fact that you are not into this type of firearm, and do not participate in the types of competitions that these are used for, or enjoy shooting them, does not mean that others don't. I can see where you are coming from, but I think you are misinformed or ignorant to the facts about this sport.(I mean that in the nicest way possible, not trying to flame you, just lack a nicer way of saying that.)

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No offense taken. I liked that fact that you put that disclaimer though because on alot of forums people tend to just be plain out assholes and flame you for no reason.

Anyways, I agree with you. In my post somewhere I believe it was:

However, criminals are going to be able to get their hands on assault weapons no matter what.

So even if you do put a ban on it, criminals will still get them. So really, it doesn't even make any sense. Criminals are criminals because they go against the law, so why would they care about a ban on assault weapons anyways?

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oh NO ITs AL GORE

The first Assault Weapon Ban did absolutely nothing to reduce crime

-ONIAG

What about, having an assault weapons because I LIKE them? Just because you don't need something doesn't mean you can't have it. I have a lot of things that i don't need. That doesn't mean I can't have them.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That we have the second Amendment is.......

When the fore fathers created this country they thought back to the days when they lived in England and were not allowed to bare arms, which made it easy for the tryranical king to over power them and kill them.

So when they created this country, a country and government for the people by the people, they decided to make it so that everyone could bare arms so...........

That when and if.........
The government becomes too tyranical or is over taken by a outside enity, the people could rise up and take back control of their government if need be.
So on and so forth.............

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
don't ask why someone should be a allowed to have item xy or substance abc, ask why you or anyone else should be allowed to ban item xy or substance abc just because it gives them a better feeling instead.

history is full of people who did not live to tell about theri mistake of letting themselves be disarmed and i'm not just talking about nazism or communism/maoism here, it happened on the Balkans, it keeps happening in everywhere in Africa, it used to happen in South America all the time and before long others will follow.

don't pretend it can't happen in the west, because it is happening already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Take all our guns away, so they can bring in the new world order, here is a great new video explaing their plan.

Video Link : video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
anything more to add to this thread topic, just wondering because I have not heard anything lately.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
how about a link to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a 2nd ammendment discussion over there that is still active.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

When the fore fathers created this country they thought back to the days when they lived in England and were not allowed to bare arms, which made it easy for the tryranical king to over power them and kill them.

yes

So when they created this country, a country and government for the people by the people, they decided to make it so that everyone could bare arms so...........

yes

yes well it is so easy a child could understand but people don't seem to understand the power this gives the populace just by having the option

and the powerful will try to weasel there way and chip away the limitations of gun right owners

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
As to the above post by cpdaman:
I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

-ONIAG

ONIAG,

I have several of what are considered assault weapons. Guess what..!!??? I dont go around commiting crime. I dont shoot them much anymore prefering the more accurate bolt actions now days but I keep them nonetheless.

I also have in my back pocket a set of lockpicks. Taught myself to use them too. I can also make them on my bench grinder in about 25 minutes. Guess What??!! I dont go around commiting crime.

Guess What??!! I've also handeled at least a dozen nuclear fuel cells in the last month. Are you still worried about me with a gun....any type?? Think this through carefully.

Public Education/television/movie education??

Only public education can dumb people down sufficiently to put a nuclear fuel cell in a persons hands but ......Wow!! 'dont trust them with a gun..especially a assualt weapon...Wow!!
Talk about intelligence overload...but this is the nature of a politician for you.
Need more...guess who finances public education....Politicians!! Wow!!

Actually this is a issue which politicians use to get votes from a insecure and easily emotionally lead public. It gaurantees the predictability of certain types of votes. SAme with race issues...sex issues..gay issues and gun issues...all used to galvanize a certain predictable category of voter who can be stimulated to vote with their emotions. THe key tell tale pattern or fingerprint here is "victimization."

I learn to handle my fears and insecuritys in the type of work in which I am involved. If you dont you will never survive in this occupation. I dont foist them off on others to modify their behaviors to put ointment on my sentiments. I learn to overcome or master them. THis does not make me a better person than others. Hardly ..it makes me very different.

Not everyone who owns a assault weapon or one in this category commits crime. You do also know that most crime is not committed with assault weapons yes??? I believe public education/television education has dumbed way down many Americans by fear and insecurity tactics.

I agree with many of the posters here..the places with some of the most restrictive gun laws and regulations are some of the unsafest locations. I have been to Washington DC...not impressed ..even with the government areas. It is a dung heap. Outside of some of the museums or the Library of Congress I have no intrest in visiting this dung heap again. I'd rather go fishing. Much more civilized than Washington DC.

Thanks to all for thier posts,
Orangetom

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 28/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Want their guns, this is a government for the people by the people, not a government for the government, and one which decides it can take the people guns away, that is call tyranny and dictatorship, and police state, under this whole NWO thing, etc... etc...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Though the Anti gun Movement and supporters, Do not, and will not fight for mine and there god given right to keep and bear arms, When the day comes When you are no longer allowed to vote, Or voice you opinion, Or have a say in anything, I and every true American patriot who is armed, will fight for you and your rights.

Every able bodied man, In this great country, Should be armed, We are the Militia and We should be armed as such.

Μολὼν λαβέ

[edit on 30-3-2007 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 30-3-2007 by C0le]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join