It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have evidence that Christianity is fake or real, post it here, please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Specific examples please.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure the "eye of the needle" thing was a buddhist teaching hundreds of years before jesus

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"Pretty sure" don't count.

I want concrete evidence, eyewitness accounts, first-hand testimonies, photographic or audio evidence, and DNA testings done!!

Edn

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

I want concrete evidence, eyewitness accounts, first-hand testimonies, photographic or audio evidence, and DNA testings done!!
But only if it doesn't agree with you, unless of course you want the exact same to prove the existence of Jesus?

Just search Google there are numerous sources out there about a possible Buddhist influence in Jesus' life at some point in time (most likely from those 30 odd years where he simply disappeared) and the teachings he gave. In reality its not hard to believe that he may have been influenced by Buddhism, it was a well established religion back then and there isn't a religion in existence (except possibly for the first religion) that isn't based off of numerous other religions, Christianity is no different.

A quick search for Buddhism and Jesus brings up 1.5 million results, so theres some reading for you.

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know your just kidding. The Bible nor any other religious text is concrete evidence, eyewitness accounts, first-hand testimonies, photographic or audio evidence, and
DNA testings.

Most religious text are just stories that have change a little bit as time has gone on.

Ever hear a so called first hand rumor, that is how all stories are born and evolve.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

i only brought that up because i was on my way out the door at the time, and pretty sure was the best i could do

i no longer have my reference on this issue, as i lost it to a minor flood in my basement, but here it is at amazon.com J esus and Buddha:The Parallel Sayings

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13/03/07 by MAD Hatt3r]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Like I said, I used to practice Buddhism. As far as I can see, there weren't many similarities between the two. If there were similar sayings between Jesus and Buddha(I don't know because I haven't read that book), they were definitely overshadowed by the huge differences in doctrine and beliefs.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This thread is so dumb & I haven't even read a single reply.

The only evidence of Christianity would be witnessing the events and miracles written in the New Testament scriptures firsthand, to live at that time period.

The only thing else coming close would be authentic artifacts from the time.. but that is not proof Christianity is real or not.

You can't PROVE a religion other than to prove it exists and prove that it began in the manner it claims to have begun. Thats all you can do.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Many call what im about to say a delusion. But the Holy Ghost. The Spirit that God gives his obedient children. Thats all the evidence i need. God bless you all.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Bible is allegory and if you know what to look for, there is plenty of evidence to support this idea. For example, "parallels" are often intended to serve as allusions that help to establish the context of the allegory. If you read about a "beast" with a "mortal head wound" and miss the allusion, you are lost. But if you have read the works of the Jewish historian Josephus, you might see something:

3. "In the mean time, Josephus, as he was going round the city, had his head wounded by a stone that was thrown at him; upon which he fell down as giddy. Upon which fall of his the Jews made a sally, and he had been hurried away into the city, if Caesar had not sent men to protect him immediately; and as these men were fighting, Josephus was taken up, though he heard little of what was done. So the seditious supposed they had now slain that man whom they were the most desirous of killing, and made thereupon a great noise, in way of rejoicing. This accident was told in the city, and the multitude that remained became very disconsolate at the news, as being persuaded that he was really dead, on whose account alone they could venture to desert to the Romans. But when Josephus's mother heard in prison that her son was dead, she said to those that watched about her, That she had always been of opinion, since the siege of Jotapata, [that he would be slain,] and she should never enjoy him alive any more. She also made great lamentation privately to the maid-servants that were about her, and said, That this was all the advantage she had of bringing so extraordinary a person as this son into the world; that she should not be able even to bury that son of hers, by whom she expected to have been buried herself. However, this false report did not put his mother to pain, nor afford merriment to the robbers, long; for Josephus soon recovered of his wound, and came out, and cried out aloud, That it would not be long ere they should be punished for this wound they had given him. He also made a fresh exhortation to the people to come out upon the security that would be given them. This sight of Josephus encouraged the people greatly, and brought a great consternation upon the seditious." Josephus Wars of the Jews Book 5, chapter 13.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lots of Christian beliefs are faked up. The biggest forgery was the words added to John that inserted the Trinity concept, which was not in the orginal. Anytime one inserts Trinity, it is basically putting a Nimrod concept in place, which all considered bogus.

The many other religions call the issue for Jesus as god is false, and Judaism and Islam tells this.

They reject this theme in Matthew that tells Mary was pregnant, and some imaginary angel tries to embellish the story into god impregnated Mary. That causes all the main problems, and Judaism and Islam rejects that fantasy story.

Now, if one wants to use the Christian Rhetoric interesting things happen. They say Jesus was god and he was human. So, if Jesus is god then Jesus is everyone's father. So, Mary, Joseph, James, et al have Jesus as their father. Yet Jesus is human via birth of Mary, which means Mary, Joseph, James, et al are Jesus' brothers and sisters. Then again, it also makes Jesus his own father.

Usually, when things fail to this degree in the world of science, it means the whole idea fails and is fake.

All the Christian belief is just that----a belief made up and sold to a gullible group that can't test reality from imagination.

Jesus was a real person, who got caught up in a bunch of religious rhetoric that almost got him killed. He becames wise and gets out of town and leaves the Dsiciples around to embellish the story into a legend that was greater than Jesus ever was in reality.

Jesus, The Man, is the real story. He tried to teach religion using the old rhetoric and failed, and those that tried the same were mostly killed for trying the same.

There is only Mother Nature as a theme for some intelligent design, and Jesus was not that. You are always closer to Mother Nature in life, than in inanimate death.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MAD Hatt3r

See the thread linked in my signature. I've put quite a bit of work into it lately. It's in there.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
This thread is so dumb & I haven't even read a single reply.

The only evidence of Christianity would be witnessing the events and miracles written in the New Testament scriptures firsthand, to live at that time period.

The only thing else coming close would be authentic artifacts from the time.. but that is not proof Christianity is real or not.

You can't PROVE a religion other than to prove it exists and prove that it began in the manner it claims to have begun. Thats all you can do.

You're wrong. There are vectors in the motion of the earth, son, moon, planets and the stars, which when traced backward in time reveal the conception, birth, and crucifixion of Jesus, who of course was also aware of such signs regarding the prophetic frame of his life and great work or Magnum Opus.

Edit to add: The question that then arises is - does it mean anything and if so, what does it mean and signify..

edit on 9-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't quite understand what you are looking for, New Age Man. Look at my profile, there are plenty of links that prove a great many things, but I was never able to either prove, or disprove, Christ. Oh, I disproved "Jesus" the fair haired European savoir most Christians have a picture of on the wall of their home.
This is easy to do, because of the letter J and the no vowel thing. But, I am bored. Tell me what you are looking for and i will find it for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MAD Hatt3r

Christ is presence. Christ is this moment. This moment surely does not have to be proven. This moment is all that could be considered real. All else is fake. All else is imagination.

This moment is witnessed.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In my opinion people who set out to prove Christianity
To themselves or someone else only end up complicating it,
to the point where they could not possibly understand it.
First and foremost, Christianity is about building your own
personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
I don't see this pointed out nearly enough..
People rely on their own intelligence and wisdom
to decipher scripture, which is the reason for so many
Differing interpretations of one passege. Only when
you have a relationship with God and allow the Holy
Spirit to guide and teach you will you accurately decipher
the truth and meanings behind Christs teachings. If you
Are truly seeking to know and believe in God, he will
Illuminate his word to you. I do believe personal experience
and the changes God works on your own heart is the only way
non-believers are able to accept Christs teachings as truth.
Christianity is completely Faith based and we are,all of us given
A measure of Faith to start with.. What an individual chooses to do with that
Faith is entirely up to them. This is just my opinion and I am
in no way assuming to speak on behalf of any other Christian.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Jinxy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Christians believe in a forgery, making their entire belief a fake:

en.wikipedia.org...

In translations containing the clause, such as the King James Version, 1 John 5:7–8 reads as follows (with the Comma in bold print):

5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

Such a blatant forgery makes the Christians entire concept of Jesus being god wrong. So wrong that it is one in the same as Nimrod being called god and the Babylon Trinity.

Christians rewrite Jesus into Lucifer.

For these serious mistakes, serious problems come upon theme and the Earth due to extreme lies being promoted.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
He was actually preaching the basic teachings of Buddhism, which is actually believed to be older then Christianity.

Wha---?! Can you give me some specific examples or correlations between the teachings of Jesus Christ and Buddhism?

I used to be a Buddhist, and am now a Christian, and I don't see any similarities between the two doctrines (besides love and peace obviously).

For me, my belief in God stems from personal experiences. For example, my father was once saved from drowning by an angel.

Here ya go!

JESUS: "A foolish man, which built his house on sand."
BUDDHA: "Perishable is a city built on sand." (30)

JESUS: "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed."
BUDDHA: "Confess before the world the sins you have committed." (31)

JESUS: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the foregiveness of sins."
BUDDHA: "Let all sins that were committed in this world fall on me, that the world may be delivered." (32)

JESUS: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
BUDDHA: "Consider others as yourself." (33)

JESUS: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also."
BUDDHA: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon all desires and utter no evil words." (34)

JESUS: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
BUDDHA: "Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love: this is an eternal truth. Overcome anger by love, overcome evil by good." (35)

JESUS: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
BUDDHA: "Let your thoughts of boundless love pervade the whole world." (36)

JESUS: "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her."
BUDDHA: "Do not look at the faults of others or what others have done or not done; observe what you yourself have done and have not done." (37)

JESUS: "You father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous."
BUDDHA: "The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low." (38)

JESUS: "If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."
BUDDHA: "The avaricious do not go to heaven, the foolish do not extol charity. The wise one, however, rejoicing in charity, becomes thereby happy in the beyond." (39)

www.thezensite.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join