If you have evidence that Christianity is fake or real, post it here, please.

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm putting together a database on the facts and fiction of Christianity, so I can decide for myself whether it is real or not, without the influences of peer pressure or parental "guidance".

*NOTE: I am not implying that Christians are wrong or anything along those lines, I'm just trying to decide whether it's real or not, for MYSELF. I'm sick of this big debate over it and I'm going to compile a database on different views and evidence on it. My findings will not be shared with anyone unless they ASK to here what I have come up with.

[edit on 13/03/07 by MAD Hatt3r]




posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I don't just want lots of Bible quotes!


Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just don;t believe it is possible to prove or disprove religions...

it's based on what some one believes

none of us are "ALL knowing" so i dunno :p



posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Good point lol

It would still be good to research it more, though.


Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
it would be great research but wouldn;t most of it point back in the direction of Jesus?



posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I wish you all the best on this one but I think your database will be lacking proof, so to speak.
The problem is, you have to 'be out there'. you would need to be with people that are doing Gods work to see the proof for yourself. I could sit here all day and tell you of things that God is doing but its not proof. God is supernatural, and we all know that you normally have to experience these things to believe in them.
Most people don't see God at work in thier normal daily lives so they tend to think that God is doing nothing. You have to be where its at I'm afraid.
All the best though.
John.



posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
Oh yeah, I don't just want lots of Bible quotes!


Well then your not really asking for the truth.

Most people of faith have Bible quotes that go along with their faith. Personally, for me I’m seeing a lot of quotes unfolding today right in front of my eyes.



posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've always thought that this is a great source that demonstrates the many fallacies within the Bible:

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...



posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nip
I just don;t believe it is possible to prove or disprove religions...

it's based on what some one believes

none of us are "ALL knowing" so i dunno :p


that's in fact a silly position to take. eitheran all knowing, all powerful, all present being exists or it doesn't.

belief shouldn't be a shield to hide behind

and vlad, great source.
skeptic's is not only a good place to see the general...wrongness... of the bible, it's probably the best reference bible on the net



[edit on 3/14/07 by madnessinmysoul]


Edn

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What a vague thing to ask. Christianity exists, thats fairly obvious to just about everyone on this Earth, its a religion, but its nothing more than a word which describes people who pick and choose specific teachings to follow from a set of rules and text given to them by the numerous churches.

What are you really asking? because if its simply does Christianity exist then this is going to be a short topic until someone goes off topic or you ask a more specific question.



posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I wish you all the best on this one but I think your database will be lacking proof, so to speak.
The problem is, you have to 'be out there'. you would need to be with people that are doing Gods work to see the proof for yourself. I could sit here all day and tell you of things that God is doing but its not proof. God is supernatural, and we all know that you normally have to experience these things to believe in them.
Most people don't see God at work in thier normal daily lives so they tend to think that God is doing nothing. You have to be where its at I'm afraid.
All the best though.
John.



Thanks, but I actually have "been out there" researching, I've visited churches, even the Vatican and been to many museums. I have also been reading the Bible, that's why I don't want a whole heap of quotes from it.



posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
I'm putting together a database on the facts and fiction of Christianity, so I can decide for myself whether it is real or not, without the influences of peer pressure or parental "guidance".
[edit on 13/03/07 by MAD Hatt3r]


Well, firstly you need to clarify what it is you are actually asking. Are you asking if Christ existed, or if he performed miracles.

The way I see it, Christ existed. That he had powers is irrelevant to Christianity, as it is the lessons he preached that form the basis for Christianity. All the other guff about miracles, I take with a grain of salt.

For example, teachings such as "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." are, in my opinion, the basis for Christianity.

So therefore, it's not exactly a valid question to ask "Is Christianity fake" because you cannot consider a way of life true or false.


I'm not a Christian by the way, not any more.



posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
The way I see it, Christ existed. That he had powers is irrelevant to Christianity, as it is the lessons he preached that form the basis for Christianity.


He was actually preaching the basic teachings of Buddhism, which is actually believed to be older then Christianity.



posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
[



Thanks, but I actually have "been out there" researching, I've visited churches, even the Vatican and been to many museums. I have also been reading the Bible, that's why I don't want a whole heap of quotes from it.

I'm sorry for not making myself to clear when I said "Be out there".
What I meant was, to be with people that are doing Gods work. To witness for yourself things that God is doing. If you just visit a church or the Vatican and do as much research as you can, you will not actually see the earthly results of Gods work. There are lots of books out there that tell of peoples testemonies of what God is doing. These people are just telling thier story and it will give you an idea of what is happening.
All the beat
John.



posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
badw0lf said:


"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."


Any religion can either be destructive or constructive, it's how people use it. Religion often becomes a form of escapism and people become addicted to it. There's an awful lot of religiosity going around. That can happen with any religion.

Religion is as real as your spirit makes it.



posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You can not quantify nor prove something that really doesn't exist on this earth with words in a book (Bible).

It's about what some people call faith, a religious term, you either have it or you don't.

Trying to make sense out of something not a single person can prove is called circular argumentation in Logic 101. No real facts, just a bunch of people pointing to this claim, or that claim, in the bible, or the good book to make their case. No of it is Fact, nor can it ever be proven to be, so that leave people with the Faith thing.



[edit on 16-3-2007 by Realtruth]



posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
No of it is Fact, nor can it ever be proven to be, so that leave people with the Faith thing.
[edit on 16-3-2007 by Realtruth]


As I keep saying, I'm not trying to prove it or disprove it, I am simply trying to make my own decision.



posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAD Hatt3r
He was actually preaching the basic teachings of Buddhism, which is actually believed to be older then Christianity.


Wha---?! Can you give me some specific examples or correlations between the teachings of Jesus Christ and Buddhism?

I used to be a Buddhist, and am now a Christian, and I don't see any similarities between the two doctrines (besides love and peace obviously).

For me, my belief in God stems from personal experiences. For example, my father was once saved from drowning by an angel.



posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The basic principles of Christianity and Buddhism are similar, that's what I was told is all.


Edn

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That would be correct (although I cant remember off hand) I know a number of teachings by Jesus are remarkably similar to the equivalent Buddhist teachings so much so that some believe Jesus at some point in his life may have encountered Buddhism on his journeys and incorporated some of its principles into his own teachings.





new topics
top topics
 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join