It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Line Phenomenon *images*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This phenomena is real, and isn't necessarily tied to the "persistent stream" jets.

I have both photographed and have seen these black lines with the naked eye.

I have seen these black beams in front of jets as shown above, behind jets, and below jets, but I have also seen them in the sky when no jets were present.

Most of the black beams I've seen have been about as narrow as those shown above, but I have also seen an immense black beam, something more appropriate to call a "black stream" as it was about ten or more times the width of the beams shown above.

Several times I have seen these black beams running up to the sky from the ground at an approximately 70 degree angle - with the naked eye.

It's so bizarre. This is definitely happening, as are a whole host of other bizarre stuff.

Honestly, what the hell?

These beams are real, but I think calling them anything (e.g. scalar) is way too premature.

They are there nevertheless, and they can be seen with the naked eye. Just "look" at the skies - relax and observe the skies and you will, on occasion, see these.

Thanks for the post!! Another novel mystery presents itself. Really seems like we're not in Kansas anymore...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlaznRob

well, I dont know what it is ... but I have seen this line for myself ... its unnatural ... light bends around it ... it cast a dark shadow and the one I saw ... seemed powered as it moved laterally like it was scanning the earth below.... I was sort of enibreated at the time, but quickly grappled with the phenomenona for a good 30 mins... before the white chem trail was distributed directly underneath it like it was trying to hide it...
when the darkness went over us ... well it was like the feeling you get during an eclipse... a somber feeling of awe and fear mixed together into excitement... I didnt think much of it at the time... until I saw the chem trail trying to cover it up...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Only half the contrail shown is illuminated by the sun.
The other half is being in the shadow cast by the earth.
Plain and simple.
The rest is paranoia.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Chemtrail Meaga Sprayer filmed in Infrared....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
www.atoptics.co.uk...

An aircraft chases its own contrail shadow. The contrail crossed the sun and its needle-like shadow extrended well across the sky towards the antisolar point. The shadow was cast onto a smooth layer of cirrostratus cloud beneath the aircraft. November 2nd 2002, sun 20° high. Photo c2002 Les Cowley]/ex]

www.weatherscapes.com...

Contrails are clouds with relatively sharp boundaries and hence may cast a sharp shadow on lower-altitude clouds. This shadow is then visible from the underside of the cloud, if the optical thickess of the cloud (the opacity) is not too large. If the lower-altitude cloud is cirrostratus, which is translucent, a three-dimensional shadow will form. This shadow is a plane defined by the sun and the (line-shaped) contrail. As a result, such a shadow is usually only visible if the contrail is in front of the sun for the observer. It is remarkable to see that a contrail shadow usually appears in an odd direction with respect to the sun and realizing that it is being cast on a lower-level cloud: perspective can be really deceptive.

contrailscience.com...

In reality these “dark lines” are simply the visual effects of shadows. There are actually three main kinds of dark line that are formed by contrail shadows.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I knew nothing about this stuff until today, I observed the usual chemtrails that they have been doing above the city and then I noticed a black line in the sky, by the time i got my camera a plane had come and turned quite radically into the black line and followed the entire length. I later caught another black line with a jet following it to the end of the horizon not sure what it is but it is definetly not a shadow of any king as the line was in front of the jet and one turned into it.

have pics of the event on my face book

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?pid=12089229&id=834140458

would really like to know what it was i was looking at, and they only started to fly chemtrails above our city over the last 2 month have never seen them here before.

Thunder Bay Ontario Canada

thanks hope to hear any thoughts

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i have only started seeing chemtrails in our city since march, but today i saw something that made me wonder and it was a black line in the sky, and to my amazement a plane was flying along side it, when i looked back i had noticed that not only was he flying along side it but it had made a radical turn to follow the line weird looking phenomenon.

It was definately not a shadow of any type as type as it was about five pm and the sun was still high in the sky and the plane turned into the black line any ideas what it might be.

i have pics on facebook

www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?pid=12089229&id=834140458

www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?pid=12088732&id=834140458

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by misterfantastic

In your first picture it looks to me like the white trail is under the cloud cover...but the dark lines are when the plane goes through the clouds causing the cloud to cast a shadow causing the darker looking trail.

I went with the simplest conclusion. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The phenomena was visible during the Atlas launch the other month:

*Note the peculiar increase in brightness where the black beam meets the rocket.

See video of it here at 9:45

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

|I dont know because before there was even a plane i saw a black streak in the sky, then i got my camera and snapped the picture, as the plane was going the streak behind seemed to disappear , anyway it was the strangest thing i have seen i am sure to be keeping my head up for more of this type of thing

thanks

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is strange! What is that black trail?

The other day I was flying in a plane and from my window I could see this mysterious black trail that we were flying side by side with. The black trail seemed to end somewhere way in front of the plane I was flying where it formed a point. I was not able to see any plane by the point associated with it and was not able to see behind me to determine where the black trail originated from. It was going on for at least 20 minutes after I noticed it and then I fell asleep. Whatever this black trail was our plane never caught up with it and it seemed as though it was going at the same speed as the plane. There were some clouds in the sky. I do not think the black trail came from the plane I was on as it seemed to be more off in the distance (but not far enough from me) and it definitely was not there during the beginning of the flight.

I wonder...can pilots see this as they fly?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by anonymousjoe]

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This sounds (and looks) exactly like what I saw in San Diego a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it's not a shadow.
My account is here www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join