It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory Investing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever considered making significant financial investments based on conspiracy theories and discussion? Considering the extremely large volume of discourse and time spent on a wide variety of theories, it appears to me, that this a real opportunity to capitalize on a vast wealth of amassed discussion, information and theory.

My personal experience have been very limited, but after reading Jim Marr’s Ruled By Secrecy back in 2001 and gaining interest in the topic of conspiracy theories, I recommend to a friend a modest investment in HAL (Halliburton) which was trading just above $7. Pre 9/11 Halliburton was an obscure oil drilling company that most American’s had never heard of, even though our current Vice President was the former CEO. After 9/11, well I don’t have to elaborate; we all know the rest of the story. Look at the stock chart.

HAL Stock Trend

Who will be the next Halliburton; surely there are many ideas out there. I would love to hear them, start researching these companies and even investing in them. One idea would be to have a type of mutual fund that invests based on perceived trends, to capitalize in the same way that the global conspirators are capitalizing.

Now certainly there is a matter of ethics when it comes to proposing such a radical idea, especially one that seems to have a “if we can’t beat them, join them” attitude. However, diving into an ethical argument is not the intent of my posting, it is really to see if anyone has considered or even tried this and if so, what have been your results? Where do you everyone see the next revolution in technology (I have heard everyone from RFID to rubber sidewalks for cities), who will be the next Halliburton? Thoughts, Ideas? Please Share

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I hear the smart money is moving into the manufacture of mobile execution vans.

new topics

join