It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America wants Brazil to fight Colombia!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The US government is keen to get solid regional backing for its decision to spend $1.3bn on fighting drug trafficking and restoring peace to Colombia after decades of civil war.

Alright, I had nothing against america until i found this article

The Brazilian army fears increased US military aid to Colombia could lead to a conflict there with left-wing rebels - including the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) - which could spill over into Brazil.

Bush actually thought that Brazil would not have a good excuse for not wanting to "restore peace to Columbia" I think this is B.S check for youself.
Plan Columbia

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dude, Brazil doesn't even have an army to protect it's border! How would we fight another "country" (ok, FARCS it's a terrorist group, but unfortunatelly it's almost the entire country
). Ah, and don't forget Rio de Janeiro "Civil War" against drug dealers.

And another thing, America never suported our military evolution / grown, in fact they forbit us from buying/selling military equips, so my best guess is, it will never happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Actually Brazil has a very well trained spec-ops that can hold back just about any FARC strike but the Brazilian president fears that more drug labs could spill into brazil

join