It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Shape shifting worm like tube with strange light...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Says the full video no longer exists. why is that?

...nevermind, i hadn't hit refresh in awhile, reposted it. thanks.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Tibris]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I just saw a UFO about 2 hours ago! THanks to JAG! I was watching the skies! Man I'm Stoked! I can't believe it!

Wow dude it was still there huh? That is amazing... Did you get any shots of it?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
Says the full video no longer exists. why is that?

Yeah I just fixed that. s109.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You know, to me, this looks alot like a bunch of black balloons tied together with a mylar balloon at the end of it. Possibly from a funeral???

Could it have been a tribute to a Comedian that committed suicide on Saturday? www.msnbc.msn.com...

I have submitted a report to Peter Davenport of the National UFO Reporting Center for comment. Awaiting reply. www.nuforc.org... .

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
FYI, Kleverone is the person I was referring about seeing the UFO in LA.

AAC

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
im new to ats but not to ufology and i would just like to take a moment and give made props to jagman for the use of a TRIPOD!

and to in general encourage the use of these essential three legged devices
(of course when possible)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm in L.A. also just east of you in the Cahuenga Pass area..I wish I had been outside then..I do have a pretty good view of Griffith Park and didn't see anything over that way like that other poster mentioned at around 5:00PM..Way to go great video I hope something comes of it..I know I will be paying more attention now..

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
wow - i just watched the long version. very good video. it could be a string of balloons. I can't really tell because the "lights" do appear to be a mylar reflection but at times the object clearly appears to move organically as well as picking up velocity. i've seen some others just like it:

[edit on 11-3-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now is the ish that needs to be here more often! Video was trippy to watch and the light flashing on the end was interesting to say the least. I'm going for an organic lifeform... and not a craft, but whatever it is, it IS an Unidentified Flying Object so with you handing over the raw footage is a HUGE step in the right direction amongst the UFO community. So if even it does end up being debunked, this is one of those things that you go "Hm.." for the most part, although there will be few out there who could care less about this. Props mang. I don't what else to say that nobody else here has said so um, jeah. And you're getting my vote for Way Above. And I'm out...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I got the impression of a snake movement in one part of the video. The way the "head" kind of moved around.

The light seemed like it might be a reflective surface, but that may be due to pixelation. I thought of some kind of metal moving around catching sun light.

Unfortunately the digital zoom seems to be creating pixelation. But the original may be a lot better though.

Folks, if you can afford it, make sure you have plenty of optical zoom power on your cameras and/or a good telephoto lense. This will improve the zoom clarity of the objects.

Troy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't mean to be short here, but what is the big deal here......this appears as nothing more than some sort of balloon. Whether it's a single piece, or a bunch of small balloons tied together, that's certainly what it appears to be. It drifts and floats like objects leviated by lighter than air gases in the sky pushed along by the prevailing wind. The "light" was probably nothing more than a piece of reflective material at the end with the sunlight reflecting off it. There have actually been many cases of such balloons reported in Mexico as UFOs.

Come on, there are times when truly legitimate cases of UFOs appear (like the O'Hare incident) - or many cases when apparent solid objects, usually discs - are seen to dash, zig-zag, follow planes flying at 600 mph experiences 100 g-forces and are reported by reputable pilots.

This balloon thingy is certainly not one of these incidents.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Very interesting video Jag. I could say it looks like it's that, or it looks like this but for now I'll just wait and see what the pro's have to say about it. Thanks for letting us see your video and for making it available for Springer and ATS. I will mention one thing that I would have done. After I couldn't record it anymore, I would have gotten out of the building to find it and video record it some more. It might have been gone completely by the time I got outside who knows. But awesome video Jag, Thank You

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Good footage - What is going on over there in California LOL...

Thanks for such a great post - it took me a bit to respond because I wanted to read the whole thread - I have to say THANKS to the OP for lending the raw footage up for examination!

We need more skywatchers like you bro!
Good find!

Kroms33

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey everone, today at 4:45 pm at Greystone manor located in Beverly Hills, CA. I saw a silver metalilc object hover staionary at about 5000 feet about 1-3 miles away. It then extremely slowly began to move. It slowly gained altitude until it became about the size of a star. At this point it continued through the sky from east to west toward the ocean. At this point I noticed another white object of the exact same size trailing several miles behind it but at a slightly slower speed. I saw this object close enough to see that it was either spinning or slightly shape shifting. I can also tell you it was not a helicopter or a plane. I almost soiled myself when I saw the second one. My mind kept saying, awww its just Venus, or its just a balloon, but I got to good of a look and watched it for too long. It was not a planet a star a plane or anything I have ever seen before in my life. ANd the fact that today is my birthday only makes it weirder.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Hey everone, today at 4:45 pm at Greystone manor located in Beverly Hills, CA. I saw a silver metalilc object hover staionary at about 5000 feet about 1-3 miles away. It then extremely slowly began to move. It slowly gained altitude until it became about the size of a star. At this point it continued through the sky from east to west toward the ocean. At this point I noticed another white object of the exact same size trailing several miles behind it but at a slightly slower speed. I saw this object close enough to see that it was either spinning or slightly shape shifting. I can also tell you it was not a helicopter or a plane. I almost soiled myself when I saw the second one. My mind kept saying, awww its just Venus, or its just a balloon, but I got to good of a look and watched it for too long. It was not a planet a star a plane or anything I have ever seen before in my life. ANd the fact that today is my birthday only makes it weirder.

Very Interesting... Was it silver like liquid mercury? How big did it look? Sounds very similar the disc I saw over Century city but this was a while back... Thanks for the report!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Liquid Mercury is exactly how I would describe it. I got this weird feeling that it was just observing or surverying. I'm not sure why. My wife and her friend also saw this object. As it was gaining altitude and taking off and older couple walked over to see what this guys was going crazy about. At this point the object was about the size of a star so the old man just looked at us like we were crazy and mumbled, "prolly a balloon". My wife looked at me like "are you kidding me" and I literally laughed out loud. Mostly out of pure joy but partly out of amusement. It didn't matter. I saw one! Finally! And on my birthday! This has been a long time comming! I have always been a doubting thomas and now I have stuck my finger in the wound. lol

What a great day

[edit on 11-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Great job Jags. Whether or not this turns out to be a balloon(s) or a flying object of somekind, its great to document this stuff. Good job.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Los Angeles is not too far, as the blimp flies, from Edwards AFB.

And the USAF did retain the wreckage of the prototype.

And it's not inconceivable that they could have rebuilt/re-engineered a new vehicle.

And I suppose that they'd include at least one navigational strobe. (Ours were individually battery-powered to save the weight and failure-risk imposed by hundres of feet of wiring)

So, if a craft like this,

...were to suffer a failure of its tranverse structural truss, without losing lift-cell integrity, the result might look very simiar to what we saw in the video.

Personally, I hope it turns out to be "something else"!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Dude I was so jealous of you this morning man! Like I was really bummed. I almost didn't even go with them to the park cause I wanted to peace and quiet from to kid so I could get on ATS
Man I'm glad my wife guilted me in to this trip

Did I mention I saw a UFO today?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join