It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair under fire over treatment of British troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Blair under fire over treatment of British troops

www.abs-cbnnews.com

LONDON - Prime Minister Tony Blair was accused Sunday of neglecting his duty to British troops over claims they lacked good equipment while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and received poor care when wounded.

Blair was taken to task by families of dead soldiers, members of parliament, actors, writers, human rights activists and others who signed an open letter published in the Independent on Sunday newspaper.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Although I have not seen details or other evidence of this allegations, generally, I would say that the treatment of soldiers must be further improved. It is ironic that that sometimes, lack of certain soldier equipments in the battlefield due to negligence could lead to unecessary deaths.

www.abs-cbnnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Even worst, why has Blair not been to one funeral of the British soldiers he sent to died so he could continue to be pals with George Bush.

And this does not surprise me as a UK taxpayer. Blair seems to spend more money on helping all the waifs and strays of the world rather than ensuring all our troops have every bit on equipement for them to do the job we ask of them.

The British Government was happy to send British soldiers to war with out enough body armour.

At least, we only have to suffer Blair for a few months.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The British Government was happy to send British soldiers to war with out enough body armour

Not only are they failing the troops on body armour, but they are also failing our troops when they arrive back home from Iraq or Afghanistan, troops suffering from mental health problems are having to wait up to 18 months before they recieve any treatment or any help what so ever.

SOURCE

I find it disgusting and shocking that, british troops who in iraq or Afghanistan are writing home to their parents or relatives asking them to send out food parcels and other things because they are inadequately equipped.

Also soilders who are in hospitals are recieving ill treatment or neglect from nurses and doctors. (One soldier, his parents had to change his colostomy bag, after repeated requests from the soldier to nurses who ignored his request).

Source

If Blair had any decency in his body (which he has not) he would do something about this, but off course yet and yet again this will be swept under the carpet as per usual. Its no wonder the public in the UK are put off in joining up to the armed forces whith seeing what is going on in the theatre of war and also what is happening on the domestic front. This would put anyone off.

new topics

top topics

join