It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News 4k more troops to Afganistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just saw it on TV, bush is sending 4000 more expendible troops to Afganistan!! When are we gonna run out of troops?!?!

Mod Edit: CAP TITLE

[edit on 3/10/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Just saw it on TV, bush is sending 4000 more expendible troops to Afganistan!!

Just a thought here, is there anytime military operations are justified in your mind? Wouldn't you want the proper amount of US troops there to insure the maximum safety of said troops while carrying out their mission. Or is no mission worth it to you?

We are over there now to help establish a government in Afghanistan, after more than 25 years of chaos over there. Do you think they can manage that themselves and without our military help? Would you rather we just pack up and leave them to the wolves?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
[edit on 10-3-2007 by hikix]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Just a thought here, is there anytime military operations are justified in your mind? Wouldn't you want the proper amount of US troops there to insure the maximum safety of said troops while carrying out their mission. Or is no mission worth it to you?

We are over there now to help establish a government in Afghanistan, after more than 25 years of chaos over there. Do you think they can manage that themselves and without our military help? Would you rather we just pack up and leave them to the wolves?

i feel like we are there to take over the oil and to get further into the middle east to take over the whole region... i personally dont think we are there for the best interest of the afgan people. With that said i dont think we should have any troops there at all. i dont believe 19 people living in caves killed 4000 people on sept 11th. And i think the troops that are there are fighting for the interests of the NWO and not the american people or the afgan people

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pavil, i agree with you whole heartly on most of your views in your previous post. However, Iraq was a waste of time and it killed alot of American troops, who thought they were fighting for American security instead of American buisness intrests. Instead of sending the troops to Iraq, they should have sent them to Afganistan. which acctually harbored terrorist, unlike Iraq.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The reassignment of the troops to Afghanistan is on response to the democratic congress that is accusing the Bush administration of forgetting about the troubles in Afghanistan when the mission in that nation is not finished, but priority has been given to Iraq.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with this, and am actually supportive of it.

Afghanistan was the ONLY place we should have gone in the first
place, and we should be helping to establish Afghanistan as a demo-
cratic state, and to bring peace to the nation, and help them rebuild.

However though, I do not support one more person being sent to Iraq
than there already are.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

i feel like we are there to take over the oil and to get further into the middle east to take over the whole region... i personally dont think we are there for the best interest of the afgan people. With that said i dont think we should have any troops there at all. i dont believe 19 people living in caves killed 4000 people on sept 11th. And i think the troops that are there are fighting for the interests of the NWO and not the american people or the afgan people

A- there is no oil in Afghanistan
B- they weren't in caves until we started coming after them
C- there was undeniable evidence that the Taliban was hosting Al Qaeda training camps, and the 19 hijackers were Al Qaeda members

top topics

join