It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Earth Getting Larger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I came across a video that gave a pretty interesting theory about the formation of continents. He said he believed the earth's plates were not actually shifting, but the earth was growing larger in surface area to create oceans. There are a few articles to correspond with this: here is a good one I found to go along with the video, and was written by a credible geologist.

I think its very possible, but would take ALOT of explaining to do, because it goes against the conservation of matter principle, which is very basic for science to be correct. Comments?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Now this thread will grow slowly -same as our planet does

I have been fascinated with this topic. Nobody knows how this planet came in to shape. There are lots of believes - but what should make sense is - that all the continents look like they where one big landmass at one stage.
Now here is the problem with the common theory:

Our planet would be out of balance in its rotation if there where landmass on one spot and the water makes up the rest

The view that the earth is growing makes total sense to me, I just need to contemplate where all that water suddenly came from.....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ripleys believe it or not says that the earth gains 3000 tons a year thru meteors and space debri falling to earth but we would easily send alot more of that weight back into space or at least our orbit now days.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
One word debunks the whole daft premise: Rodinia

As for one single landmass throwing the earth out of balance - in a way, yes. It's called true polar wander

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They say that "a picture is worth a thousand words" and, in this case, it's true.

Yes, I "know' that most geologists have dismissed Neal Adam's "Growing Earth Theory" as merely conjecture and "science fiction" yet this is a theory that makes me go hmmmmmm.

Perhaps one of the reasons that this theory is dismissed out of hand is because Neal Adams is not a geologist. Neal Adams is not a scientist. Neal Adams is not someone who has a bevy of degrees from a number of Universities or Schools of higher learning. Neal Adams is an artist. Most notably, he is a Comic Book artist -- a comic book artist of some note.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Could it be that the energy of sun is somehow responsible for the growth? When you think about it, there is a lot of energy that the sun is throwing at us, so where does it all go?

The theory that the earth is growing actually makes perfect sense to me.

As the energy of the sun is being absorbed into the earths core, and as the lava inside is being accumulated, the earths surface is cooling it down with oceans as the water is being created in the process. Could it be that suns energy is somehow creating water in the process of energy absorption???

This actually makes way more sense then tectonic plated being separated somehow.

Here is the thread that I started that touches on this subject a bit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by midiola]

top topics

join