It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwaiti Policeman Shoots Two U.S. Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Heard the early reports on this one on NPR -- just now saw the report that a policeman was the one doing the shooting. Scary stuff. My son's sub was in that area a few weeks ago (and they were on a brief shore leave.)

Reuters' News
Kuwaiti Policeman Shoots Two U.S. Soldiers
Thu November 21, 2002 08:53 AM ET

By Andrew Marshall
KUWAIT (Reuters) - A Kuwaiti policeman shot and seriously wounded two U.S. soldiers on Thursday, the Kuwaiti government said, in the latest in a series of shootings targeting U.S. troops training in the country.

The interior ministry said in a statement that the attacker was a junior policeman who fled across the border to Saudi Arabia after shooting the soldiers.

"The culprit of this criminal act fled to...Saudi Arabia and coordination is under way with security authorities in the kingdom to arrest and hand him over," the statement said.

A U.S. military spokesman said the two soldiers were shot around 10:30 a.m. (0730 GMT) while traveling between the Camp Doha military base on the northern outskirts of Kuwait City and Arifjan, 35 miles to the south of the capital.

www.reuters.com...

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Did you hear about the two girls who were killed in Korea by an american soldier.

heres the link
www.koreaherald.co.kr...

www.koreaherald.co.kr...

So there is voilence everywhere honey, we should be saying..what are we doing about it tho instead of hating!!

OrionSirius

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Orion, it seems the difference between the two situations is that the Kuwaiti police office INTENTIONALLY shot the soldiers whereas the incident in Korea (if I am reading this correctly) was an accident.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:06 PM
link   
that wont matter to her...

And i would venture to say that at least the kuwaiti policeman is more of a man then the coward the blew him self up on the bus...Killing children on the way to school..tough target there!

Boomslang

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Orion, it seems the difference between the two situations is that the Kuwaiti police office INTENTIONALLY shot the soldiers whereas the incident in Korea (if I am reading this correctly) was an accident.

It doesn't count for OrionSirius. For him, it's just another anti-US argument. When peoples like him have to compare 2 things, they do not hesitate to compare a dog to a cat. Don't forget, they are anti-US.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:22 AM
link   
an interesting point will be who gets to try the Kuwaiti -he's been extradited by the Saudis.
In the Korean case, the US insisted on trying -and acquitting - its gallant sergeant - as is, of course, its privilege given the terms of its agreement with Korea.

new topics

top topics

join