It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bum I met in the subway...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I want to tell you all of something that happened to me in January. I wasn't always interested in secret societies until a few months ago. I went into a book store to pick up "The Art Of War" but they didn't have it so I started browsing other books. I picked up a book called "The Brotherhood" by Stephen Knight about freemasonry. I read about 3/4 of it so far and in one of the chapters it describes how people in Freemasonry will often make a special A as a sign to other brethren of their affiliation to the brotherhood but the line through the center of the A is shaped as a v. This a is suppose to reflect their symbol just enough that non-brethren won't catch on and members will. They will do this on exams and if the teacher is a mason it might help them pass the test even if they failed, they also do it on other things as well. I'm sure most of you know this already but I did not until recently.

I have this book in my backpack and I'm going down the stairs in train station to get on the train and there is a bum siting at the bottom of the stairs with a typical homeless sign. You know "Hungry Please Help" that sort of thing I can't remember what his sign said exactly, sorry. But when I looked at this cardboard sign he had the special A of the masons. I couldn't believe it, it didn't make sense to me that a homeless man would be a mason or even know this. So I said to him "Why is your A like that?" He just looked at me for a second or two with a strange look like, how did this young person know that? Then he uttered out "Thats the sign of the Freemasons." So I replied "your a freemason?" He responded "I was raised by them." I asked him "What degree are you?" He then told me something in the effect of "123x321x123 divided by 20." Those arent actual numbers but an example. So I said "whats that mean?" He said some high number, but see it wasn't even 33 it was higher then that. And I told him "I thought it only goes up to the 33rd degree." I forgot what he told me after that I'm sorry but he either said it's not true or it goes higher something of that nature. I then asked him "Why are you out in the street if your a mason?" He told me that he was once a successful man who owned an apartment building in the city but the freemason police framed him for selling drugs, and burnt down his building and took all his wealth. Just as he was talking to me two police officers came down the steps and said "You can't be here." They must have picked us up on the cameras. So he said "Don't worry about these guys their good guys." Just then my train came and I told him to be safe and careful and hopped on my train wondering what just happened.

I'm not sure how valid his claim was but I thought I would share this experience with everyone. As I'm still kind of puzzled by it a couple months later and would like to hear if someone can validate his claim of being a freemason or just a crazy man trying to get some extra money from the masons that are all over the city.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights

I then asked him "Why are you out in the street if your a mason?"

He told me that he was once a successful man who owned an apartment building in the city but the freemason police framed him for selling drugs, and burnt down his building and took all his wealth.

That sounds like thier style.

That's how they maintain thier power and enforce thier code of silence.

Blackmail, murder and extorsion.

You just can't trust these bums.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Totally agree with you on this I.N.W.T. I wouldn't put it past them to do this. They get a shay angry when exposed

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I find this intriguing to say the least. I have always had interest in secret societies.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The "Freemason Police"?!

That gave me a good laugh!..

I bought "The Brotherhood" several years ago, and after I read it I felt like some person leaping from behind a bush, wide-eyed and saying, "A-ha!" to the crafty Masons I'd figuratively caught red-handed doing something untoward.

The book, however, has quite a few inaccuracies, I later learned from the book "Born In Blood" (by John J. Robinson?).

Read the later...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So the bum whose life was ruined by Freemasons is begging with a Masonic symbol on his sign?

Some of you guys will obviously believe anything... (like FreemasonryWatch, for example)

Classic.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I never said I believed him. And this is kinda what I thought when he said they burned down his house. Why would he want their attention again?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I never said I believed him. And this is kinda what I thought when he said they burned down his house. Why would he want their attention again?

Whoops, sorry dude. I was referring to the two posts immediately following yours.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
LOL wow .. right..

No... we don't have special A's in text LOL
I like that one actually.. where do people get this..

No, we do not say 123X143X246 or what ever you said devided by 20 to pronounce our degrees.. thats just stupid.

*sigh*

No, it does not go above the 33rd degree.. the Scotish Rite ends at 33.

No, there is no FreeMason police...
I like that one to.

No, FreeMasons would not let one of their brothern sleep in the streets.

No, FreeMasons would not burn someones house down or building out of spite and for no reason, or any reason. If there is a Mason who broke the rules he can be expelled from the organization, and other members who know what he did and that he had been expelled may not want to associate with him.
Very rare.

No, you should not trust information from a homeless man.

No, you should not talk to strangers, let alone homeless strangers..

Next bum you try and befriend might want to take you into the ally way and show you his NWO communication chamber.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just for further speculation. One of my best friends told me of another homeless man who tells him he is on the low from them too. This person doesn't drive, have a car or anything just wanders around on foot and this is a totally different place.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
No... we don't have special A's in text LOL
I like that one actually.. where do people get this..

I think he must be referring to the square and compass. I've certainly never heard of a special 'A'.

Personally, I don't think this guy was a freemason. If he was he would have said so when you asked him, rather than say he was 'raised by masons'.

I too don't understand why he would use the S&Q as a means of identification if he had a negative view on freemasonry (which I guess he does). Perhaps he has heard that masons will help one another in distress?

...but the freemason police framed him for selling drugs, and burnt down his building and took all his wealth.

He didn't mention toilets by any chance did he? Seriously, it's hard to take this comment at face value as policemen who are also masons don't wear anything that would identify themselves as masons as part of their uniform. He may have been using the term 'freemason' in a wider negative sense of collusion/conspiracy rather than specifically identifying them as freemasons.

There may be a great deal more to this story, or it may be the grumblings of a man who feels society has failed him. Hard to say really.

[edit on 3/8/07 by Trinityman]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There is an A as described by the OP.
Associated General Contractors
It even has a G in the center of it.

AGC is the nation's largest and oldest construction trade association, established in 1918 after a request by President Woodrow Wilson. Wilson recognized the construction industry's national importance and desired a partner with which the government could discuss and plan for the advancement of the nation. AGC has been fulfilling that mission for the last 85 years.

Clearly the designer of this logo was a mason. In my opinion it is a little irresponsible to use masonic symbolism in this manner but who can stop them, the symbolism is not copyrighted.
Freemasons do not use the A in this manner, they use the Square and Compass.
The homeless man was just trying to take advantage of mason's tendency to be charitable.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So I said to him "Why is your A like that?" He just looked at me for a second or two with a strange look like, how did this young person know that? Then he uttered out "That’s the sign of the Freemasons."

So at this point he hadn’t seen you book and you hadn’t mentioned the masons? That is indeed strange. Are you sure about this? (since even Trinity didn’t know about this particular recognition sign)

About the degree thing, Masonic conspiracies are spread everywhere. It’s very likely that the homeless man was exposed to anti-mason propaganda. Personally I was exposed to anti-Masonic propaganda way before I was exposed to actual Masons. (I didn’t know any personally before ATS)

IMO, the guy is full of it. (The homeless person, not the OP)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
"there's two sides to every story"...

or something like that.... at least that's what Momma used to say.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well who knows maybe at one point in his life he was a Mason but unfortunitly he fell on hard times but I would hope that he seeked help before he fell that far.

Many homeless are mentally ill and his ramblings could have been from when he was younger. Just trying to see all sides.

The "A" with the sign was probally his attrempt of the S&C but we don't have a special code to use and we couldn't possibly use it on exams for a teacher to identify cause you have to be at least 21 to join and most don't until way after that age.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I read about 3/4 of it so far and in one of the chapters it describes how people in Freemasonry will often make a special A as a sign to other brethren of their affiliation to the brotherhood but the line through the center of the A is shaped as a v. This a is suppose to reflect their symbol just enough that non-brethren won't catch on and members will.

Assuming that was the case, how would that exactly be useful if you were able to learn about it by just buying a book?

They will do this on exams and if the teacher is a mason it might help them pass the test even if they failed, they also do it on other things as well. I'm sure most of you know this already but I did not until recently.

How many Masons are that young, that they'd be taking tests?

And why use a written sign? Why not just identify yourself to the corrupt teacher up front, and have him adjust your grades for the entire course? Wouldn't that be harder to catch?

I'm not sure how valid his claim was but I thought I would share this experience with everyone.

Not valid at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think this was a valid question he posted, The book was very speculative and could lead someone to question things.

The author is British and made the UGLE seem to be very malicious and sneaky (insert jokes here budda & cain LOL). The whole book was about the british police being corrupt.

If I was a non mason and has no prior knowledge based on reading it I would wonder.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

He told me that he was once a successful man who owned an apartment building in the city but the freemason police framed him for selling drugs, and burnt down his building and took all his wealth.

Originally posted by Trinityman
He didn't mention toilets by any chance did he?

ROFLMAO…
It’s funny, he was the first person to spring to my mind as well, I wonder how he’s getting along. I don’t see him post anymore, so maybe it is him lay’in low from d’em evil masons…

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Interesting story but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I have worked extensively with the homeless over the years and alot of them have some very vivid imaginations. Unfortunetly most suffer from mental illness, sometimes cause by severe substance abuse, and even more disheartening, from years of being isolated, alone and only having themselves to talk to.

A perfect example would be one who calls himself "The General" (he also insist you refer to him as General). Here's a man who says he was a General in the US Army during the Vietnam War. He can give very accurate details and accounts of the campaigns he was part of. Only problem is he is 39 years old. Seeing as the war was from 1959 to 1975 he wasn't old enough for Middle School let alone to be a General in the military. I could give a few more examples but I think you see the point.

Also, none of the research I've done on Freemasonry ever mentioned a Masonic letter "A". Or was he substituting the square and Compass for the letter "A"? Guess it kinda looks like one. Any Masons here that can enlighten us on if there is a letter "A" used in Masonic symbols?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamL
Also, none of the research I've done on Freemasonry ever mentioned a Masonic letter "A". Or was he substituting the square and Compass for the letter "A"? Guess it kinda looks like one. Any Masons here that can enlighten us on if there is a letter "A" used in Masonic symbols?

I mentioned this in my post above. I've never heard of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join