It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream I had when I was about 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When I was around 12 years old I lived in a rural area well known for paranormal things I would later learn as I got older before I moved away and what I witnessed myself, I was not always alone either. Well, I used to have friends sleep over sometimes and it always was normal, we would play video games and watch t.v. into the late hours of the night, normal kid things.

Well, one night when I was older I had this strange nightmare. In this nightmare, I remember my friend was sleeping over my house just like he used too. In my dream he was sleeping I think because he would always fall asleep first. I remember opening the door of my room and seeing my entire living room filled with gray alien beings and my grandparents were among them. Most of the aliens were about 3 feet tall really small but there was a bunch of them I'd say about 10-20 in our little cottages living room and tiny hallway to my room. I'm not positive as I'm going on 22 now but I can remember this strange chemical like smell in my nightmare too that hit me right as I opened my door. When I looked at my grandparents faces it was like they were not there mentally or paralyzed physically and couldn't do anything and they looked scared from their eyes. I remember staring at my grandparents faces for a second or two, just then these larger grays I'd say they were about 5 feet tall and skinnier then the smaller ones charged at me. I remember running back to bed and trying to throw the covers on myself while I was screaming at the top of my lungs in fear. I distinctly remember them ripping at my covers with long claw like hands that were not human at all.

And that was all I remember in the nightmare. I woke up screaming and ran into my grandfathers room and told him what happened in the dream but he said he didn't remember anything like that. I also remember asking my friend if he remembered anything like that and he said no. I have never really told anyone about this but a few close friends of mine. And the older I get the less I believe it was a just nightmare in my mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If and when you are to remember you will remember. I don't think it was a dream because dreams are forgotten on details.

Let us know if you remember anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Where was this rural area known for paranormal things? Just give a general idea dosn't have to exact

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Observe, that's right, most people forget whole chunks of their childhood years, let alone their dreams, nightmares or whatever. But there are some events and memories that stick out like trees in this panorama -- the kind that look like they want to grab you and eat you, that stay with us through thick and thin for rest of our lives. This includes some childhood events that we consciously remember as dreams.
Amazon, in your case, I would take the time to keep a dream journal and jot down those interesting ones immediately upon rising so as not to forget. Sometimes our dreams are not really dreams but something else. You should do some research on this to educate yourself more on this interesting topic. Thanks for sharing. Just throwing in my .02 worth

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for reading my story everyone. I have had someone else also suggest keeping a dream journal but I don't believe I need to because I can usually remember my dreams for the most part especially if they're disturbing or good. And if one seems important then I usually think about what it could mean when I wake up.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I can never remember my dreams vividly; I'm lucky if I can remember any dreams at all. There was a dream, however, that was reoccuring.

It was a type of dream where an occult ritual was taking place in my backyard. I lived in a town that had/has a heavy population of wicca. There is a swamp in the area, which may be a meeting place. However, I had this dream every month or so for about two years. The last time I had it, the dream surpassed the portion where it would always stop. In a way, it was on replay until this last time, when I would surpass the normal stopping point.

I most often remember things in my dreams when I dream in French (not my native tongue, however, I am fluent in French.)

Interesting story though. I'm always curious as to why some people can remember dreams, and others (myself) cannot. I always enjoyed the portion of my psychology classes 101,102 when we would talk about dreaming and what not.

On a side note, I have a theory that we can learn things in our sleep. I was wondering if anyone else thought that. Being a linguist, I've always wanted to run some type of Berlitz type audio in the background while i was sleeping. Do this consistantly for a few months, and then test your knowledge on it.

Anyways, I know the last part was random.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I want to speak of another thing about sleep that I remember bothering me when I was younger and fell asleep. I remember waking up out of a sleep and either being extremely scared before I woke up but surely scared right after without a doubt. The reason I was so worried was because my entire body was paralyzed from the neck down. I couldn't even speak, I could only move my eyes and be scared! This happened at least two times no more then three times that I can remember of now. When it would end it would just release me all of a sudden and I could scream and get up. I remember hearing and seeing everything as well as real life so it also bothers me.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I dont mean to put you down, and im not saying your wrong, but dreams can be remembered and i frequently remember dreams or nightmares i had because something really crazy happend. I had a dream one time where the case was similar to yours but instead of aliens, it was a bunch of lepricauhns coming at me. im serious. and that stuck with me. then there was anothe dream i rememeber where i looked into the sky and i saw a plane flying backwards crazy like and i asked this guy i never saw before why it was doing that, and he responded with "because its frozen". none of which make sense to me but im just letting you know that some dreams will stick with you because of the impact they had after you woke up and they stayed on your mind all day.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
first off the paralyzing thing is actually pretty normal. your brain shuts down a lot of motor functions while you sleep so you don't thrash and move the way you do you in your dreams. yes, people do roll around at night but it's usually between dreams when you're slightly more awake. if you wake too fast from a deep sleep you have a very good chance of being "frozen" for a moment until your body figures out it's supposed to be awake. i've actually realized i was dreaming while having a nightmare and couldn't even break the dream and wake myself up for a minute.

the other part i thought was interesting was the dreaming in other languages. i took 3 years of french in high school but i was interested in and studied it on my own a couple of years before that, and i've been trying to learn japanese off and on over the past several years. i sometimes have whole conversations in french or japanese with people in my dreams - once had a nice chat with pat morita (guy from the karate kid) and sat with my little brother in his french class to tutor him (he's not taking french yet =)).

i always wonder if what i'm actually hearing and saying in my dreams is gibberish since i'm in no way fluent with japanese, and only know enough french "to get by". all i know is it seems perfectly sensical in the dream. maybe my brain is able to concentrate and dig up stuff i don't know by heart and it was actually coherent conversation. that's the possibility that intrigues me because i could never actually do it while i was awake, but it means the knowledge is at least in there somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join