It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February 28 - Atlanta Airport - My sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
First off, I don't believe in extra-terrestrials visiting Earth what-so-ever. I am just here for somebody to explain what it was I saw, in case it is obvious. Or, to find out if there were other reports of this. This happened last week, I'm not back from my trip and reporting it. It was around 8:00 EST.

I had a window seat on a small 50 person passenger plane. We were making our approach to Atlanta Airport, but still about 75 miles out. I saw a bright dot outside the window that I took for Venus because it was sort of scintillating. Despite the fact there was complete cloud cover that night, I still thought it was Venus somehow breaking through. It was too bright to be another aircraft, unless it was pointing a landing light right at us. But it couldn't be Venus, because we were moving in relation to it. I watched for 15 minutes, on and off again, as we "passed" it. It must have been as far as 50 miles away, so it took time, but it wasn't fixed like Venus would have been. And, it didn't move at all, like another aircraft would have. 20 minutes in, we were coming in for a landing and I could still make it in the distance. Even at that distance it was brighter than all the other incoming planes. It was mostly a bright white dot, but I could make out shades of red and yellow that occasionally shifted. Waaaaaaay too high up to be a radio tower of any sort. I had a camera, but thought "what's the point?" It would just be a dot. Please post if there were other reports or if there is a logical explanation.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Also, this is my first post here so I apologize for showing up, demanding answers and shooting all of you down by saying I don't believe in Extra-terrestrials. Sorry. I've never given it much thought, but this was simply too strange. I must admit, I was too embarrassed to bring it up to the other passengers. They would have said, "that's a star," or "that's a plane," and not have taken the time to really try and deduce it, given that it couldn't have been either.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkoenigdeurf
First off, I don't believe in extra-terrestrials visiting Earth what-so-ever. I am just here for somebody to explain what it was I saw, in case it is obvious. Or, to find out if there were other reports of this. This happened last week, I'm not back from my trip and reporting it. It was around 8:00 EST.

I had a window seat on a small 50 person passenger plane. We were making our approach to Atlanta Airport, but still about 75 miles out. I saw a bright dot outside the window that I took for Venus because it was sort of scintillating. Despite the fact there was complete cloud cover that night, I still thought it was Venus somehow breaking through. It was too bright to be another aircraft, unless it was pointing a landing light right at us. But it couldn't be Venus, because we were moving in relation to it. I watched for 15 minutes, on and off again, as we "passed" it. It must have been as far as 50 miles away, so it took time, but it wasn't fixed like Venus would have been. And, it didn't move at all, like another aircraft would have. 20 minutes in, we were coming in for a landing and I could still make it in the distance. Even at that distance it was brighter than all the other incoming planes. It was mostly a bright white dot, but I could make out shades of red and yellow that occasionally shifted. Waaaaaaay too high up to be a radio tower of any sort. I had a camera, but thought "what's the point?" It would just be a dot. Please post if there were other reports or if there is a logical explanation.

Can you estimate what direction it was in? Venus would have been in the Western sky. Were you on the starboard or port side of the aircraft?

Since you were moving, how do you know it didn't move? What was your reference point that it was not moving with respect to? You state you were moving in relation to it, but that it wasn't moving.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
We were headed due East, I was on the right side of the plane, so I estimate it was due south.

It "moved" only in the sense from the left side of my window to the right, but that gave me the impression it was fixed where it was at and we were passing by it. It could have been moving slowly or slightly. I only say this to the extent that it could not be an aircraft and could not be a planet/star. My plane was moving "around" it, or "past" it as it remained in the same spot relative to our trajectory.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

We were headed due East, I was on the right side of the plane, so I estimate it was due south.

It "moved" only in the sense from the left side of my window to the right, but that gave me the impression it was fixed where it was at and we were passing by it. It could have been moving slowly or slightly. I only say this to the extent that it could not be an aircraft and could not be a planet/star. My plane was moving "around" it, or "past" it as it remained in the same spot relative to our trajectory.

So it could have been moving toward or away from you, just not across your field of vision?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

So it could have been moving toward or away from you, just not across your field of vision?

That is correct. However, the size did not change. Also, we moved approximately 80 degrees around it and it was a white light the entire time.

top topics

join