It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans in Russia Might Have Thalium Poisoning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Two American women have been released from a Moscow clinic after they were hospitalized with possible thallium poisoning, a hospital official said.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Marina Kovalevsky, 42, and her daughter Yana, 26, were well enough to walk out of Sklifosovsky Clinic Wednesday and were expected to leave the country shortly.

The U.S. Embassy confirmed earlier on Wednesday that the women had possibly been poisoned from thallium, a radioactive element...continues cnn.com

Dang. Been hearing quite a bit of scary stuff about Russia lately.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by sanctum]

[edit on 7-3-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster

In November, former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died in a London hospital in a suspected poisoning. After tests, his doctors ruled out thallium poisoning or any radioactive material, although he suffered many of the same symptoms.

How strange... I thought it was accepted that he was poisoned with Pollonium 210???? Now they're saying it wasn't radioactive poison??? Am I mixing up my russian spies?

These women will probably turn out to be spies as well. Defected during the cold war and regular travelers back to russia, sounds a little too convenient to not be used as spies for one side or the other.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Isn't Thallium an ingredient in rat poisoning? Maybe its possible that food at the wedding was contaminated at the catering hall or wherever they had the reception at. Its possible.

join