It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libby faces jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Libby faces a maximum 25 years in prison for obstructing the Plame leak probe, perjury before a grand jury and making false statements to the FBI

I have a serious question here. I hope someone can answer this. Why would he face prison of 25 years?

Now I’m not trying to make this a republic or democrat thing cause personally he did wrong.

However, Clinton all lied and committed perjury and doesn’t serve any time for it.

Martha Stewart commits perjury goes to prison a very short time.

What’s the standards on this?

Serious now why does one person completely get away with it and nothing happens and another goes to prison a short term and another faces up to 25 years? Anyone got any answers?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok I get a flag and no response. Ok well anyways, I was really hopeing for some answers on this one. I sure would like for someone to make me understand the differences on this.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
However, Clinton all lied and committed perjury and doesn’t serve any time for it.

Clinton was tried and convicted in a court of law?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah, but he didn't serve time. Martha did and they are talking like Libby will. All three for the same crimes. Yet three different sentences. Not to metioned the 1000's of people in prisons throughout who are not well known and lied and are serving alot of time.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
shar, I'm gonna call you out on this one. Provide a link where it says Clinton was convicted in a COURT of LAW of lying. He was impeached but that is a completely different thing.

I smell a troll!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh well I'm not sure I didn't know that. I guess I thought that. I remember the talk about him lying. Oh my fault I guess when your the president your aloud to lie and obstruct justice and not get tried for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Oh well I'm not sure I didn't know that. I guess I thought that. I remember the talk about him lying. Oh my fault I guess when your the president your aloud to lie and obstruct justice and not get tried for it.

I'm only guessing here but are your folks members of the GOP, by any chance.

Libby was a scum bag that wrote a novel where a 12 year old girl had sex with bears. Defend him all you want but that does'nt change the fact he lied to the FBI and is a pervert.

He will never see a day in jail. Ever hear of the appeal process and presidential pardons, Remember Nixon!! Probably not, huh!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm not for republican or democrats. I'm not for libby I said he did wrong. I was just asking about the differences in the three. I was not being a smart-allic I truly didn't know Clinton wasn't tried. I for some stupid reason thought he was. I said my fault on that. I'm just totally out of the loop. Just didn't know made a mistake sorry. I'm glad you cleared the up for me though. Now at least I know one difference.

new topics

top topics

join