It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical believer/skeptical beliver website or forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Is there a website that is solely for the skeptical/critical believer that views contact with a more critical eye? A site that perhaps puts science ahead of ear-tickling stories?

If not, is there a way that people like me and the others like me can scrutinize alien/UFO matters without fear of telling someone they are full of it?

I don't mean that we would have free-reign over being rude......just a way to tell people with incredible/unprovable stories or stories that are lacking credible eye-witnesses to go post in the Aliens & UFO section. This would be the gold standard of the unexplained. This would not be a haven for fiction writers, but rather a forum that serious Ufologists would visit to collab in, in an effort to weed the chaff from the rye.

Somewhere the Stanton Friedmans of the world would not be ashamed to contribute to. Somewhere that scientific protocol would be held in the highest regard. Somewhere the J. Ritzman's would participate more in.

Not trying to be rude, but this Aliens & UFO forum is really a joke to many people. I believe that it would be beneficial to the website and to serious Ufologists that will settle for nothing less than some sort of proof to collaborate in and develop a mini-community.

As it stands......I would be embarrassed to let anyone in real life to know that I frequent this site even for the sole purpose of finding the one thread out of a thousand that isn't laughably dismissed by serious minded people.

My question is...........can anyone reccomend a site like I am looking for, or either can the site owners create a forum that our ilk can be proud to contibute to?

[edit on 6-3-2007 by MFtoombs]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
www.virtuallystrange.net...

I see some heavy hitters on there from time to time.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Wow! That site has a very impressive Abduction Information Center

Thanks Schaden for posting that link!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MFtoombs
Is there a website that is solely for the skeptical/critical believer that views contact with a more critical eye? A site that perhaps puts science ahead of ear-tickling stories?

If not, is there a way that people like me and the others like me can scrutinize alien/UFO matters without fear of telling someone they are full of it?

I don't mean that we would have free-reign over being rude......just a way to tell people with incredible/unprovable stories or stories that are lacking credible eye-witnesses to go post in the Aliens & UFO section. This would be the gold standard of the unexplained. This would not be a haven for fiction writers, but rather a forum that serious Ufologists would visit to collab in, in an effort to weed the chaff from the rye.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by MFtoombs]

Not a bad idea. Or, try to raise awareness that there are such things as scientific methodologies and standards for what constitutes evidence on forums such as this one. Success at this would mean a lot fewer posts along the lines of "Lookit this cool thing I found on YouTube! Proof of alien contact! Dude!"

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No problem. The updates mailing list archives has some good info as well.
I try and catch up at least once a month.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I seriously think that you can accomplish that here but with tact and decorum. I have seen plenty of people shown the error of their ways here and without dissolving into a puddle of poo in the process. And if it does go the way of crapola the mods handle it or are at least aware of it. It can get kind of ummm, weird here sometimes but you are going to get that anywhere you go where there is no censorship. I think that its an accurate representation of the general population. Some people are uh, overtly passionate and immensely imaginative in this field.

Somewhere the Stanton Friedmans of the world would not be ashamed to contribute to. Somewhere that scientific protocol would be held in the highest regard. Somewhere the J. Ritzman's would participate more in.

I would hope that someday the Stanton Freidmans will come to this site and participate in some of the more civil discussions here. They do happen here. A lot of us immensely respect Freidman, Marrs, Maccabee and others and most would give eyeteeth to hold debate and discussion with any number of mainstream investigators. I know I would.

Not trying to be rude, but this Aliens & UFO forum is really a joke to many people. I believe that it would be beneficial to the website and to serious Ufologists that will settle for nothing less than some sort of proof to collaborate in and develop a mini-community.

I dont think that its rude, its simply yours and maybe even some others opinions, but I am sorry that that is all you see here. Look deeper or at least try to. Its here, just not blaring out loud all of the time. The more civil of the discussions are few and they definately are not the "squeaky" wheels as is the case in the UFO community as a whole.

As it stands......I would be embarrassed to let anyone in real life to know that I frequent this site even for the sole purpose of finding the one thread out of a thousand that isn't laughably dismissed by serious minded people.

Not me man. As I've said before I have the hat AND tshirt and wear them both - proudly. AND I love tumbling around in this mess of humanity here - its real and not very antiseptic but I love it nonetheless.

My question is...........can anyone reccomend a site like I am looking for, or either can the site owners create a forum that our ilk can be proud to contibute to?

Well, I wont answer this one for fear of appearing like a babbling idiot, so Ill give you 3 guesses and the first two are the same as the third....good luck in finding your "niche".

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
deleted duplicate post

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

[My question is...........can anyone reccomend a site like I am looking for, or either can the site owners create a forum that our ilk can be proud to contibute to?

That kind of website would only put one aspect or believe in it. You got to take in all accounts to get to the diamond in the rough. Almost like a Chicago Cubs fan ya know. There is only gonna be so many fans that can actually say that they were there through it all, if and when the cubs win the world series. I would not be embarrassed of telling my friends about this web sight, because this web sight is real life. You can't take one side of the story without listening to the other side. I'm proud of ATS and the Mods that contribute to this sight. The knowledge I've gained from them and the Three Amigos is priceless. I've learned what to look for in videos and pictures . I've learned so much from ATS that I could go to any other site and be confident in knowing what looks fake and what is unexplained. I've also learned here that you respect your neighbor. I hope you understand what I'm saying as far as debate goes. Two sides of the story etc.... Everyone who post here has a right to tell his or her story and it's up to us to agree or disagree with them, but in a respectable atmospere. I will be one of those ATS fans through the good and the bad that will have stories to tell when and if disclosure happens in my life time.

I'm sorry for the first post and the edits, as I was typing my computer kept messing up along the way. If a mod could delete that first thread with nothing but a quote in it and save space I'd be greatful, Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Wow! That site has a very impressive Abduction Information Center

Thanks Schaden for posting that link!

hey, cheers for the link, great website! Look in the archives ,theres heaps of UFO videos in there, also ones i havent even seen before!

check this one out from the january 2007 achive,. There has been some anylisation done on the video and they have come up with the conclusion "bunch of myler balloons tide togather", to me it looks like that aswell, but what are a bunch of balloons doing in the middle of the forest in some tree's? but they are most prob right. Intresting video anyhow

videolog.uol.com.br...

[edit on 7-3-2007 by gtirlad2]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thanks a bunch for that link

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

I'm proud of ATS and the Mods that contribute to this sight.

I hope I won't get in trouble for this, but I don't really trust the mods here. I feel they have an *undefined* affiliation with certain posters. I have seen them surreptitiously ban certain dissenting members without explaination, yet allow certain story tellers free reign without reprise.

*sorry mods, an honest criticism from a long time lurker.. please forgive*

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

I'm proud of ATS and the Mods that contribute to this sight.

I hope I won't get in trouble for this, but I don't really trust the mods here. I feel they have an *undefined* affiliation with certain posters. I have seen them surreptitiously ban certain dissenting members without explaination, yet allow certain story tellers free reign without reprise.

*sorry mods, an honest criticism from a long time lurker.. please forgive*

They'll ban you for sure.

This idea was mentioned before, it was basically shot down:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will definitely be checking out the other forum mentioned.

MUFON has forums:
mufonmembers.proboards55.com...

as does ufocasebook.com

[edit on 7-3-2007 by CIA OP]

new topics

top topics

join