It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Political Debate Now! Says Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yahoo News

"What happens when (radio talk show host) Rush Limbaugh attacks those of us in public life is that people aren't satisfied just to listen," the South Dakota Democrat explained. "They want to act because they get emotionally invested. And so, you know, the threats to those of us in public life go up dramatically, on our families and on us, in a way that's very disconcerting."

Please, be kind to your idiot politicians.

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by William]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 07:46 AM
link   
From the man who couldn't shut up when he was in the majority...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Now, some of you may have guessed that I myself tune into Rush on occasion and I wish politicians would stop blaming him - c'mon! Clinton �narrowly� blamed Rush for the Oklahoma City bombing. Daschle is a sore loser and I cannot believe he�d say something like that. That�s the modern day left-wing hyperbole machine for you: blame McDonalds because your kids are fat, blame Rush because your party is loosing.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bob, SpinMaster Rwing MC, dude....stop!
He's talking about ( and I mean the HE of the Anthrax attackee, HE!) and is saying CUT THE ATTACK RHETORIC, not everyone is such a stable & open mined individual like you & Thomas!

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by Bout Time]

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 06:30 PM
link   
attack rhetoric? Totally irresponsible that Daschle trying to blame anything like that on Rush.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh! I get it, B-T, nobody is allowed to disagree with Tom, and nobody is to point out Tom's lies and Toms manipulations of Congress and the law or there runs a risk that some righteously indignant yet slightly unstable American might cause Tom's heart to stop beating?
Got a better idea! Why doesn't Tom agree with us, or just sit down and shut up?
Why, that's censorship!
Yup. So why censor Rush. Do you listen to him? If you did, you'd realize that Tom is only trying to demonize Rush. Again, I find that tactic that the Dems just can't stop using most obvious - and hilarious.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't know why I have Leno on but he just had a good joke regarding Rush/Daschle, it went something like "You can't threaten a democrat - it's against the law to hurt an endangered species"

[Edited on 23-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It does rather seem that Limbaugh has a particular dislike for Daschle: I remember the former getting the knives out when Daschle was up to customary skulduggery in August with the Forest management Act.
It's hard to see how one could defend someone with a record like Daschle's: sympathetic to America's Christian tradition but trying to remove God from the Senate oath -urging restraint when GWB wants to attack Iraq but sponsoring a similar motion in the Clinton era etc etc
I imagine he's getting ready to stick the knife in Al's back, and posturing vainly in the wake of the mid-terms, in the meantime.
If you want a post that really HATES old Timber Tom, try: www.whitehouse.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the site Estragon. I read something from months back & forgot how funny it was. I love this "quote" from the pharmaceutical eyed Laura Bush"
"My mother told me that the way to hold on to a Texas man is to be a prairie whore in the bedroom and a Sizzler chef in the kitchen. That's all well and good, but my favorite recipe for holding on to my cowboy is equal parts knowing how many times he's been arrested mixed with a dash of the Associated Press anonymous tips hotline."

Thomas - rant original, will ya? The Rush-as-insightful-patriotic-truth sayer is not only false, but tired! He's an entertainer, or as John McCain said a 'circus clown'. Daschle never should have named him directly, that was his only fault.
The problem is the utter lack of imagination in American entertainment. Rush has a great market share for his type of entertainment, so what happens? A thousand clones pop up, thanks to American media exec's who swear we're mindless idiots that will swallow crap if there's enough sprinkles on it. And what happens with the clones? They decide, that for their own preservation, that they need to give us MORE of the original. The envelope gets pushed. Boundaries of decorum & decency & common sense are breached. Apply this Formula to anything in American Media.
So yeah, if Rush is calling for a rhetorical tar & feathering, clone 1 says tar/feathers & a noose, clone 2 adds a bullet to the head, and so on.
Sad thing is, there's an audience for the clones.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 05:37 PM
link   
and another gem: www.dumpdaschle.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A gem indeed, Bob and, B-T, I find I'm already infected by the tune of "Bring on the Clones" � la Sondheim.

top topics

join