It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani sells bank in campaign move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Giuliani sells bank in campaign move

www.ft.com

Rudy Giuliani, the former mayor of New York, on Monday provided further evidence that he is stepping up his presidential campaign for 2008 when he sold his boutique investment bank, Giuliani Capital Partners, addressing concerns about potential conflicts of interest and adding to his warchest of campaign financing.

The terms of the sale to Macquarie Group, an Australian financial group, were not disclosed but analysts said that Giuliani Capital Advisors could be worth as much as $100m. It represents a large chunk of Mr Giuliani’s business interests, which he began building in early 2002, shortly after leaving his post as mayor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So the former Mayor owns a bank. Well, it sounds like good Public Relations to me - sell it then the press announces that he feels it's a conflict of interest. Makes him look good right?

Not only does it make him look good but the cynic in me thinks that his high profile will attract more purchasers and create more interest. Am I just being skeptical? Or is this guy for real?

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join