It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for thoughts on this theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm in the early stages of working up a theory on who is 'visiting' our race, let me know what you think:

Many thousands of years ago the Earth contained the same amount of water it does today, the vast majority of this water was tied up in the frozen poles leaving little to run through the lands, the vast oceans of today were little more than lakes and rivers. An advanced race of beings that live in water knew that their planet had but a short time left, a few hundred years perhaps, before it's destruction, by what means I wouldn't know. Knowing this they prepared another close habitable planet for their arrival, Earth. The beings either created Humans or utilized the Humans that were already here because they could live on this planet as it was. The humans were used to create cities, smelt gold and other metals spewing as much CO2 into the atmosphere as possible warming the planet, causing the ice caps to melt flooding the planet and covering any evidence of these cities with vast amounts of water (the great flood and the 'sinking' of atlantis.) With Earth now having 70% of it's surface covered in water the beings moved their race to the depths of our oceans, and remain there to this day. Our race was left to evolve on it's own, our infant brains were, and likely are, far too young to comprehend anything these beings would have to offer, we aren't developed physically or mentally, our language simply lacks the words to explain their technology and beliefs (imagine trying to explain quantum physics to an early hebrew how would you even explain the word dimension in their language?)

The beings believe that physical bodies are simply containers, or garments as explained in many religious texts. This contains our conscious, god, and is never destroyed only transferred from one container to another, this can be acheived with death or technology. Technology is used to make our containers more effecient while in the physical world, a dimension that our conscious cannot exist except while in a container, conscious I believe is energy like that what makes up electricity and heat and records all experience on it if it could be considered a tangible object (have you ever 'seen' energy?) Abductions, specifically those which imply possible impregnation and baby snatching, is an attempt to blend the DNA of thier containers with ours in order to create a container that can house their conscious or ours and live both above and below the waters.

Work in progress

-Shamash

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As believable a theory as any I've heard.

But where is your proof?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Being as how this is a theory there is no proof, but I have found evidence in texts and other resources that helped me to arrive in my current line of thinking. I'm at work now and the majority, if not all, of what I would link to is blocked by websense here (to my surprise this site is not), but I'll see about linking to some things tomorrow morning.

-Shamash

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I will say this though, the great flood is something that is mentioned in all, or at least nearly all, human religions which makes it hard to dismiss all together, I am athiest by the way. In order to get the most acurate information of this flood one would have to find the earliest possible account, so I utilize that which was told from sumerian texts. The biggest problems when utilizing texts from ancient civilizations is that I must read translations, most translations were done quite a while ago and I imagine there are many faults in our translations of these texts, so not only are we faced with the problem that these civilizations lacked the words to appropriately describe their experiences we're also faced with the fact that those descriptions are, in part, falsely translated. I find it to be a common belief that the Sumerian gods were beings from another world.

-Shamash

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamash
The beings either created Humans or utilized the Humans that were already here because they could live on this planet as it was. The humans were used to create cities, smelt gold and other metals spewing as much CO2 into the atmosphere as possible warming the planet, causing the ice caps to melt flooding the planet and covering any evidence of these cities with vast amounts of water

The above is reminiscent of the ideas expressed in Quick Fix, by one William S. Burroughs:

To put it country simple, Earth has a lot of things other folks might want...like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made. Like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and room for their way of life. We've seen this happen before, right in these United States.

Your way of life destroyed the Indian's way of life.

The Indian reservation is extinction.

But I offer this distinction. I'm with the invaders, no use trying to hide that. And at the same time, I disagree with some of the things they are doing.

I guess there really is nothing new under The Sun.

new topics

top topics

join