It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO... What do you do for the environment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Source Link:

After wading through a long thread of bashing Al Gore for his electric bill; I cannot help to ask all of those who are trashing him, what do you do for the environment and to save energy?

(visit the link for the full news article)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For me... I have replaced every light bulb in my place to those long lasting coiled energy saving bulbs, I replaced at my expense, my landlords electric stove with a gas one (easy to do, I have gas heat which he pays for, an added boost for me). I recycle everything I can and help out in the local river clean up project. I grow as much of my own food that I can (organically) and I also buy bulk from the local farmer's market and can it for later use. I have never owned a car and for years bicycled everywhere I went until my knee gave out and I have since been riding a 1987 Honda Helix 250cc scooter that gets 70 mpg. In the winter I plastic cover all my windows and keep the heat at 68.

Could I do more. Yes and when I learn what I can do extra that is within my ability and means, I do.

Of course with me it has been a lifestyle choice since my early 20's (51 now). I don't call myself an old hippy liberal for nothing.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by grover]

[edit on 3-3-2007 by grover]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Source Link:

After wading through a long thread of bashing Al Gore for his electric bill; I cannot help to ask all of those who are trashing him, what do you do for the environment and to save energy?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Hmm you are asking in the wrong forum. What you posted has no source link and is not news it is a question :shyk:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

The tread was not really bashing Gore all members were doing is exposing his lies.

Here edga ma kate yourself

Media Ignoring Gores Finacial ties to global Warming

To answer your question I have installed or retrofitted all of my house with energy efficient appliances.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I took part in that thread and there was very little in the way of ed u ma gating on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
my answer:

energy efficient appliances, florescent bulbs, supporting the arbor day foundation, walking instead of driving when i can

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I ride my bike for short jaunts, florescent bulbs, growing a garden, recycling everything I can, brewing my own beer, reloading my own ammo and participating in charitable events. Voting green!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am real ambigious about recycling around here (Roanoke Va) I have sorted out all the various items, glass, paper, cans and the like only to sit on my porch and watch the trash men dump it all in the same truck, not once but many times. I still do it but no matter how many times I call the city to complain they still throw it all together. I do compost my vegetable garbage which cuts down on the amount I throw out.

I wish i could still bicycle, or even walk like I used to but I broke my leg in the military just below the knee and as a result i am now lame and trying to lose weight so they will replace it. Thankfully getting a VA disablity for it was easy.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
G, I see the garbage collectors throw everything into the same truck too.
So I take my stuff to the recyclers in our small village.
Might be a problem with you on the Honda.
Maybe you and some neighbors could pool to the recyclers. I take two old lady neighbors stuff down with mine. They give me pie.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gee I wonder where are all those who were trashing Gore for being a hypocrite? Perhaps they are out sorting their garbage for recycling, selling their hummers or doing something positive for the environment. Since they were so outraged by his double standards, they really must be living a green lifestyle to the hilt. Huh?

new topics

top topics

join