It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ban on the N-word?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What I want to know is why would you white people WANT to use the word.
The word 'n-word' isn't just a simple racial remark like chinc, or spic, or honky.It is a word used to de-humanize a person. There is no raicial slur that has more depth or history than the word 'n-word'. So go ahead and call a black person that, but dont get mad if you get your face crushed in lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The apocalypse is upon us. The face of Hip Hop will be changed forever.

Seriously, where do these people get the idea that they can make laws like this? Yeah it's offensive, everyone knows that but the fact of the matter is if they try to enforce any penalty for it they're in violation of the first amendment. I wonder what Snoop Dogg has to say about this. While they're at it why don't they ban other racial slurs? I can't wait to see what happens to Nabisco once they ban the word cracker

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude

They want to ban 'n-word's?!?!?!?!?!?! Why that's just outrageous! Niggers are some of our most entertaining citizens. Where would music and sports be without 'n-word's? Without 'n-word's, we wouldn't have 1001 uses for the peanut, or the peanut shaped head. Just think of all the fat white women who will be left lonely if 'n-word's are banned. And besides, there's just way too many 'n-word's around to be getting rid of them now. After all, they breed like jungle bunnies. I for one am firmly behind 'n-word's, particularly in any race. Now is the time to support your local 'n-word's! So make sure all your taxes are paid up.

You know I really had to laugh at this. lmao

P.S
By the way I have a BEATUTIFUL white girlfriend
Haven't ya heard. Black guys are what the young white girls like nowadays.

I'm glad you took my little exercise in free speech in the spirit in which it was intended. If they had been talking about banning the word Pollack, which would pertain to me, I would have posted that set of stereotypes.

Free speech means that you've got to put up with a bunch of idiots saying lots of stupid and offensive crap, but it's worth it to be able to express YOUR opinion, particularly in the political and spiritual arenas.

BTW, congrats on the girlfriend, and treat her right!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
When a White man calls a black ,a Nigger it means slave. But when they say it to each other, it means slacker. It's obvious why they can say it and Whites can't. But to actually put a ban on a word, is blatant political ass kissing as far as I'm concerned. Why stop with the N word. There's plenty of other derogatory racial slurs.

I don't think any race should be coddled or given extra privileges. That is not true equality. It's kind of like putting the slow kids in special ed. I would be offended for my race by this flagrant condescension.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The use of the N word by African Americans is just further proof that many are still mentally enslaved whether they want to believe or not. You have a word which is derogatory and has been used as a derogatory term for how long now? Yet younger generations of African Americans seem to take a liking to it. That is thet ultimate form of brainwashing when you can get people to refer to themselves negatively. And many will say Oh I am just saying Nigga its not the same as a white person saying Nigger. Oh but there is no difference, because depending on what part of the country you are at and what accent white people in that area may have it comes out as Nigga as well. That is like someone calling people # head scum bag, and those people adopting it as a common term when they speak referring to each other as # head scum and saying oh it doesn't mean that when we say it. Ummm, yes it does.

Anyhow because we have freedom of speech in this country to and extent slurs can't be outlawed. That is one of the negative things about living in a free country. The day they try to outlaw speech is the day that they start outlawing expression, and opposing political views like they have started to do in Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I might add that older generations of African Americans are being hypocritical by criticizing the younger generations for accepting the word Nigger when they themselves accept a word just as demeaning in the word Negro. If you examine the word Negro there was no positive meaning to it and that was one of the reasons that Africans and slaves were referred to as Negro, by Europeans to help justify their enslavement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join