It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreamers.. How do you make yourself move faster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Situations like running, flying, driving in a car, going down an escalator, etc.

I am in control of these dreams, can manipulate and make all sorts of things happen, but I can only move so fast. If I want to run faster I can't, if I want to fly faster I can't, and so on. If I want to make the escalator go faster, it won't... why not?

Do you guys ever have trouble manipulating the speed you are moving at? It really bugs me when I'm flying, and I'm only going like 1 foot per second...

Any tricks to get past these speed barriers?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I don't have an answer to your question bro.. But I do have similiar dreams in general.. Well, I seem to have Zombie dreams alot, considering i'm a horror movie guru.
But if I try and kill them, with say a pistol, Nothing happens when I pull the trigger. The gun just clicks, and yet, I continue to shoot anyways. And in other situations on my dreams, i'll punch a guy, but my punches are either super slow, or super weak... Lol.. It's all pretty weird.. I'm actually just not starting to experience Lucid dreaming.. I got this recording from a website, that supposedly brings lucid dreaming to you more frequently. And it's supposedly supposed to come to you automatically after that. I've only partially had a lucid dream since I listened to this recording. If you want any information on it, just U2U me bro, be glad to be of any assistance.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Situations like running, flying, driving in a car, going down an escalator, etc.

I am in control of these dreams, can manipulate and make all sorts of things happen, but I can only move so fast. If I want to run faster I can't, if I want to fly faster I can't, and so on. If I want to make the escalator go faster, it won't... why not?

Do you guys ever have trouble manipulating the speed you are moving at? It really bugs me when I'm flying, and I'm only going like 1 foot per second...

Any tricks to get past these speed barriers?

Check out my response in the "dream of flying" thread. I have the same problem, only sometimes I can move at great speeds and altitude.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ahh, so you would try to conjure some kind of propulsion? Interesting.

Well next time I go lucid I'm going to put myself on a rollercoaster or something and see if my mind just copies the sensations as I remember them, or if it makes up it's own.

I think that when I am flying straight up, my mind is using the sensation of going up an elevator.

I think the biggest barrier here is the fact that our mind does not have any real world memories/sensations to build from when trying to create a flying experience... It has just enough clues to make the experience of floating/gliding around slowly or going straight up (like the elevator), or free falling, but can't really do much more... unless you've done something similar that it remembers and can use.

new topics

top topics

join